Chapter 1

the room is spinning. the reflection off the disco ball casts a million little diamond shadows all over the dark-stained hardwood floor. but the room is spinning, so Harry pushes his way through countless bustling bodies to the bathroom. 

upon opening the door, his gaze immediately lands on the two men positioned by the sink - one bent over the counter with his head resting on the other's shoulder as he devours his neck. the other one pants. Harry shoves past to take a leak. 

now that he's in the safe arms of a bathroom stall, he takes the chance to take a deep breath and run his fingers through his chestnut curls, but he lets out a groan as his fingers entangle in the crunchy, slicked back mess of product that Niall had persuaded him to put in his hair. "come on, haz, I'm just trying to keep you from looking like a mop tonight," Niall had pleaded earlier even though he had already begun the process of squirting the cold goo onto his head.

Harry let out another groan.

Niall, Harry's best mate from their days at uni, promised him that he would take them out for a night at the club after the week Harry had. he had been forced to take a leave of absence from work due to budget cuts, and he also just so happened to surprise his boyfriend with dinner by showing up at his apartment unannounced and caught him in the act with another man. 

so yeah, Harry needed tonight, Niall insisted, even though clubs were never really his scene. too many sweaty bodies all close together, high off of god knows what and jumping up and down to shitty electronic music. he'd rather be at home watching The Office for the seventeen-billionth time. 

Reentering the dance floor, Harry continues pushing through sweat-stained shirts and sweaty backs in search of the blond quiff that belongs to Niall. he wants to tell him he's ready to go home. 

after searching and being tossed around as if he was in the middle of a mosh pit at a heavy metal concert for a good fifteen minutes, harry pulls out his phone to call him. and as soon as he does, he hears a ringing coming from a few feet away, coming from a crowd of scantily-clad women, all their attention focused to whatever is in the middle of the circle they have formed. 

the yellow quiff pops up.