Follow Your Star

"Huh. I guess this is the place."

Above the babbling brook that ran through the quaint expanse of a small forest came the voice of an elvish man. He wore the garb and carried the hefty bag of a researcher. Holding up a pamphlet he was using for reference he adjusted his glasses to get a better look.

It was a crude drawing of a small cottage flanked by an abundant garden and a quaint little pond. In front of it stood a couple of stick figure drawings: a woman with dark hair and a small cat-like figure with a cloak.

Lowering the drawing to compare it to the cottage he stood before he gave an affirming nod. His boots clacked against the cobblestone path in melody with the stream and a few home-made wind chimes.

He stepped up onto a creaky patio that led to a wooden door, both showing signs of their age with weathered surfaces. He gave the door a couple of raps with the back of fist before placing his arm behind his back in a patient stance waiting for an answer.

After almost a minute the door creaked open, the sun spilling in onto its residence.

It was a woman. One also of elvish descent with ears poking out of shoulder length dark hair. She wore a set of casual clothes with her hair hanging loose, cascading around her face with evergreen eyes that matched the lush vegetation around her dwelling.

"51 seconds, that's almost slower than last time." The researcher observed, pretending to be impressed and earning a tired scowl from the woman.

"I was taking a nap, Farlan," she groggily answered, looking at his hand, "You received the drawing?"

Farlan raised the paper before turning it around to face the drawing towards the woman, "I would say so, as I found your home."

The woman stepped aside, gesturing with an arm for the man to follow inside. He gave a thankful nod and stepped through the door.

Taking a look around he was immediately met by lush pots of different flora hanging from the ceiling or resting on shelves. The air itself almost smelled like perfume, something Farlan clearly noticed as he flinched a bit when he took a breath.

"I see you still have your hobby," he remarked, "Quite an... exotic home."

"Keerla likes it when she comes here." Aegis crossed the room to a small stove where she set a kettle on a rack in a quaint fireplace.

"Keerla was busy, so they sent me instead. Like they always do when she's busy. She'll be back before you know it. But in the meantime-" Farlan slipped a document out of his bag, adjusting his glasses and clearing his throat, "Aegis Olyrnn, my name is Farlan Chaedi of the Harpers Medical Wing. I will be your substitute physician for this visit. Do you accept my treatment?"

The woman turned around, now holding two mugs that she set down on the table with a firm stare at the scientist, "Yes, Doctor Farlan, I accept. Do we have to do this every time?"

Farlan nodded in answer, scribbling on the scroll before tucking it back in his bag. Aegis gestured to the chair opposite of her at the table. He nearly took his seat when he stopped to pick up another paper that sat atop a few others.

"These came in a parcel, are these from him?" Farlan asked, holding up one of the drawings, pressing the back to his chest to face Aegis.

"Yes, that is from Star Chaser," Aegis responded, resting her cheek in her hand with a bit of an endeared expression, "Bless him, he learned how to use the mail. He has been sending me some of his drawings to let me know where he is and that he's okay."

His brow furrowed as he turned it back, clearly he noticed something on the paper as he pressed it to his nose and took a sniff.

"This smells like cinnamon," Farlan observed, causing Aegis to chuckle to herself.