Chapter 1

"I don't understand why-" Sam started, but I cut her off

"Let's not talk about it right now, please."

We both stepped into the car, "okay." She responded. The rest of the drive home pretty much consisted of silence, silence, and more silence.

She looked over at me "Brittany, What's wrong?"

I guess I had a weird look on my face or something. But she never calls me by my full name. I automatically started feeling self-conscious. "Nothing." I promised with a half smile.

"I know something wr-"

"Look. Later, please?"

*****
Here goes nothing I thought as I opened the door to the house. I saw Jessica laying on the couch, I took one step in and closed the door, and the next second I was almost knocked to the ground from her hug.

"OH MY GOD BRITT I MISSED YOU SO DAMN MUCH!" She yelled not loosening her grip.

"Missed you too. Now where's my room?" I asked, "I have things to take care of"

"Well geez, I feel the love my sister just gets home from across the United States and wants to lock up in her room already." She said sticking her tongue out, I swear she was a child trapped in a teenage body. "Oh and down the hall, the only room on the left." She told me pointing down the hallway "want some supper?"

My stomach quenched at that "umm no thanks. I already ate thanks. See you later."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

I had to keep my words limited before I said something I would regret.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~