Chapter 4

Rebecca pov

The clicking noises of my high heels filled my ears along with the crys of baby's, cars and police vehicles. I rubbed my hands on my cold arms trying to get warmth in them. A sigh escaped my lips as a cold wind blew over making the goosebumps on my body stand up more than before and making my hair blow into my pale face.

I turned the corner and walked to the lamp post, leaning my back against the freezing steel metal. I took the lighter and cigar out of my black Jean shorts and lit the lighter wanting to make the cigarette lit up but the wind blew the flame away; an annoyed groan came from my shivering lips. I tried again and luckily it lit this time. I pulled the cigarette up to my lips and I took a huff of it.

Sometimes I don't get way men come to me. I admit I'm ugly, it's the sad truth. I watched cars ride by, one for one. They looked at me, they look at me with disgust. How could a woman sell her body? She's such a slut! Is probably what their thinking. But it's not true, I don't want to sell my body. I didn't have a choice; it was my parents choice selling me to Hunter knowing exactly what his going to do to me.

My mind wondered off. I was thinking about the boy I met when I was young; the boy that lived next door, Dean. We had so many memories. He was the only one who made me happy. I still remember one time his parents had took my along with them to church; my parents were at work. It was a sunny Sunday morning; I was excited. I wore my pretty yellow dress that came below my scraped knees, my knees where scraped from falling on the rocky street the day before.

They had driven me there in their dark blue SUV. Me and Dean had sat at the back and he told me all about Sunday school. I had never been to a 'school' before, so Sunday school would be my first time going to a school. "in Sunday school you learn about God?" he told me. God? Who was God? I thought, not knowing of the mighty savior. "who's that?"I asked him." you'll see when we get there " he told me again.

I still remember our conversations like they were said two seconds ago.

We arrived at the church; I could hear the voices of song, it sounded like a group of angels singing. It was beautiful.

Dean's parents had said their goodbyes and said they'll see us after the church service. Dean had took my hand and led me to the hall that the Sunday school was held.

Once we had got into the building, I was amazed; children running around playing with each other, some sat on a bench reading a book, known as a Bible. Some where laughing at jokes that others said. I had never seen so many children.

A older woman walked in with a polite smile. "good morning, children please take a seat" she said pushing the pretty, round, brown glasses up so that they sat on the bridge of her nose. She was a really beautiful lady, probably in her 20s, she had pretty long brown chestnut hair and she had bangs that covered her eyes and and glasses not to much but a little. She also had sparkley green eyes.

We all took a seat, Dean sitting right next to me. "ok guys, so today we are going to learn about why bad things happen to us and why God allows it" she smiled at us and everyone's eyes filled with curiosity. And me been me, I raised my hand, she looked at me and nodded for me to talk.

"who is God? "I asked.

Everyone turned their head to look at me. I could tell they where thinking 'why is she here if she doesn't know God'. She smiled at me and asked me what my name was," Rebecca "I said confidentiality.

" well Rebecca, I'm Stephanie Hunter, God is our great mighty savior. He created Jesus, Jesus is the man that died for us on the cross to heal us from our sins. Want to know why we celebrate Christmas? Well we celebrate Christmas to appreciate Jesus and it is also his birthday, do you understand a little better now Rebecca? "she told me. Wow! Jesus died for us just to heal us? This man sounds so wonderful. Is what ran though my little 4 year old mind. I nodded.