Prologue~It wasn't always like this

Izuku Midoriya jumped around in circles, Katsuki Bakugo- or Kacchan- and Charlie Fowler chasing after him as they played heroes and villains. Inko and Hisashi Midoriya held each other a blissful smile on their faces. Mitsuki and Masaru  Bakugo laughed at their son. While Daren and Karen Fowler cheered on the small battle.

Everything seemed so perfect, like nothing would ever change.

But it did.

A week later, Katsuki got his Quirk.

A month later, Izuko got pronounced Quirkless.

A year later, Hisashi was nowhere to be seen, a hidden letter in Inko's closet. Secret tears tracking down her face.

The once perfect family is broken. Katsuki started to bully Izuko. Inko had to work every hour she could just to keep herself and Izuko fed.

Somehow, Izuko never gave up. He kept moving forward to become a hero. He kept being the happy little boy Inko always knew. She didn't know that Katsuki was hurting him, or that Izuko had found the letter or that Izuko blamed himself for what was happening to his family.

It was Hisashi's death that was the breaking point. He had been shopping when there was a villain attack. The heroes had been too preoccupied with the media and pleasing their fans to see the villain. He had grabbed Hisashi and was going to hold him as a hostage but the hero attacked them in a final move.

Hisashi died instantly. Snapped neck.

Izuko and Charlie watched the whole thing. Izuko's hatred for heroes started that day. Every hero poster was torn down from his wall. Every action figure was thrown out. Every small piece of his once idles was torn up beyond repair. the broken child crying in the middle of his room.

Izuko became a ghost, that is what everyone said. Even Katsuki noticed and laid off his once friend. No one understood Izuko's guilt. If he had been born with a Quirk, his dad wouldn't have left. His dad might not have been there. His dad wouldn't have died.

His dad might have left him behind, but he was still his dad.

A month after the incident, the hero was reported dead. A sudden heart attack.

Izuko held his notebook close to his chest, watching the news reports.

Charlie had a calm observing look on her own face, already having made her decision.

"You can back out now kids. It's not too late." Floating behind their heads, the god of death, Ryuk, ate an apple, sucking out the juice.

"No. The fake heroes need to die. I will get rid of them, then the world can be better."

Izuko, at the age of ten, decided exactly what he would do. He wasn't a child anymore. He would take this into his own hands, then no one else would have to mourn over a death that could have been prevented.