Part 2

He insists on picking you up at your place, so you give him your address.  He tells you to dress comfortable, and you spend the rest of the day at home trying to figure out exactly what he means by that.  Looks like this is a job for your friend back home, Beth.  Thank god for video chats!

A few anxious hours later, you're dressed in a pair of dark, boot cut jeans, a teal, loose fitting blouse that hangs on your curves perfectly, and a pair of black boots.  Since you don't know how much walking you'll be doing, you opt for a very low heel.  You keep your make-up simple, as usual, but left your hair down.  At least your roommate will be gone for a couple of days.  How terrible would that be if him or his trashy bandmates were here embarrassing you?

A knock on the door makes your stomach drop like a stone in a river.  You swallow hard and check the peep hole.  There's Hobi, a bundle of flowers in hand, fidgeting with his jacket sleeves.  The way he's checking over himself is reminiscent of your actions just moments ago.  At least you aren't the only one who's nervous. 

You open the door and he begins to smile, until he takes you in.  Outside of your grey uniform dress, you don't appear as plain as he's used to seeing you.  The shocked look on his face makes you blush, and you tuck your hair behind your ear.  How is it possible someone as beautiful as Hobi can make you, a plain nobody from Kentucky, feel like a goddess just by looking at you?

He finally makes his way up to your eyes and you've never seen his face so brightly lit before.  He thrusts out his flowers, a bit awkwardly, and you invite him in so you can put them in water.  Coming back up from under the sink with a vase, you catch him running his hand through his already slicked back hair, trying to regain his composure.  He must've really liked the view of you bending over into the cabinet.

You may be shy, and socially awkward, but you're no virgin.  You know that look and would almost bet your latest Pokémon deck that he's half hard, now.  Keeping your face covered to hide your blush, you put the flowers in a vase and set it on the small kitchen table.

He looks so out of place wandering around your meagerly decorated living room, with his leather jacket and slick hair.  He comes to a table by the tattered couch with pictures of you and your family, and lifts up a picture of you and your 3 siblings.  You join him and tell him who everyone is in all of the dollar store frames.  Just like at breakfast this morning, he listens closely to everything you say, even asking for more details in some of them.

You look up into his dark eyes, and feel his deep probing into your own.  Suddenly, the air changes, and both of you are tense with something else.  The air is thick, causing you to pick up your breathing.  You've both moved closer together, like two magnets pulling toward each other, and you can feel the warmth of his breath on you.  Just as he reaches a hand out to your face, the front door swings open, and you both pull apart, startled.  In walks Jonathon, your roommate.

Jon, just as stunned as you are, knits his pierced brows together and points at your date.  "Who's this?"

J-Hope looks at you confused, now.  You suppose you can see why.  Jon was supposed to be out of town with his "band" for a gig, and wasn't supposed to be back for a few days, so you didn't bother to tell him you were going to have company over.  Leave it to this slacker to ruin everything.

Hobi lowers his crestfallen face and his hands go limp at his sides.  "Um.  Maybe I should go.  I didn't know about your boyfriend," he mumbles as he turns away toward the door.

You grab him by the upper arm, feeling his muscles bunching under his lightweight leather jacket.  His look of hurt and betrayal is so unlike his normal, sunny disposition that it almost breaks your heart.