Always In My Heart....

I had started collage a new level of excitement. The stage of my life I can well and truly begin preparing for my future and my god I was excited. I felt like an butterfly released from a caccon and best of all my nan was OK and here to share these amazing moments with me. And my life was the best it had ever been. The belief that my nan was OK had made me feel on top of the world. Or at least I thought all was good.

6 months in to what I expected to be the best year yet. I had noticed my nan wasn't doing too well. My mum was going to look after her a lot. My anxiety went sky high. What was happening? Is she going to be OK? I put my panicked thoughts behind me the best I could. I had a feeling that the ground was swallowing me up.

This continues and nothing was improving day in and day out I hoped for a sign of improvement from her health but nothing had come of it. I wanted her back, I missed her more than anything. There was a night it had clicked that something wasn't right at all. Both my parents had to go out late. This sent panic waves through my body. What was going on? When one of my parents returned and informed me that things weren't OK. I tried to get some sleep with fear and anxiety eating me from the inside out.

The next day I had learnt the information I had been dreading. I learnt what was wrong. Terminal Cancer. The disease with no mercy, the disease with no cure, the disease everyone fears more than anything human. It had taken over my truly beautiful, loving, inspiring and caring Grandmother.

A few days later she had passed. She had turned into the most beautiful angel of them all. My guardian Angel had turned into a real angel. My world shattered into a million pieces. The past 17 years were perfect. Now never to experience the same things again.

This world is a cruel place. You will never know when someone you love is going to leave. Make memories, and be kind.