Chapter 2

When Scorpius finally woke up, He was drenched in sweat and gasping for air. Walker was sitting next to him. Scorpius felt confusion wash over him. He was not in the same room as before. The room was white. there was an annoying beeping sound. 

Scorpius turned his head weakly to the side. 

"hey, i brought you to the hospital" walker explained having saw that he was awake. "You have a fever, you've been asleep for three days" he added. panic surged through him. Three days?! Scorpius tried to sit up, but his body ached with pain. 

"slow it down, you are not going anywhere any time soon" Walker says firmly. 

"I have to go" Scorpius flinched as his voice cracked while he spoke. "home" he choked out before he started coughing. 

"You are sick. the whole point of sending you here to me is so that you get better" Walker explained. 

Anger coursed through Scorpius. Why was he so weak?! He needed to get back to Tom. He could not stay here!

"Tom" Scorpius choked out. it hurt to speak, it hurt to breathe. what was wrong with him? 

"Tom is going to be alright, but we don't want to expose him to this" Walker explained. "his immune system is already compromised" 

Scorpius looked over at him, Why did he care anyway? they didn't exactly know the guy. "why is my arm in a cast?" Scorpius asked after he finally caught sight of the cast. 

Walker's expression hardened. Scorpius felt a little scared seeing this. What did he do?

"your arm is broken, its been broken, since before you come to my house" Walker replied calmly. "how did that happen?" he asked. "why was it not taken care of before?" 

Scorpius tensed up at his words. "I...wrestling with my brothers" he says quickly. the look on Walkers face told Scorpius that he did not believe him. 

in fact, Scorpius thought he looked rather angry. Scorpius felt his eyes heavily closing against his will, and once again he was asleep. 

Several times he woke up and passed out again and again. each time feeling worse than the last. every time he woke, Walker was sitting there. Scorpius had caught sight of the doctor and nurse every once in a while as they came in to check on him. 

The burning had intensified yet he shivered from the cold. It wasn't until the 5th day that when he woke he felt better. The fever had broke, but his body still ached. He was currently propped up against the pillows wit his eyes closed. he was awake, but he was still tried. 

"You've got to eat something" Walker was saying. 

"it hurts" Scorpius says hoarsely. It still hurt to talk. 

"i know" Walker replied. "The IV is the only thing that is keeping you alive right now" he says. 

Scorpius did not even have the energy to flinch. He turned onto his side slowly trying to not pull the IV too fast. Walker picked up a cup that was full of water and held it out to him. 

"here" He says encouragingly. Scorpius attempted to reach out to grab it, however he was far too weak to hold up the cup. Instead, Walker held the cup up to him while he took a sip. He just about choked as the water went down. 

It felt as though he had not had anything to drink in forever, but he was able to swallow the cool and refreshing liquid.  

Scorpius leaned back into the pillow once he was done with the water and closed his eyes. He wished that the pounding in his head would go away. How had he even gotten sick in the first place? He had the best immune system in the family. 

"dont you have work?" Scorpius asked looking at Walker with a confused look. 

"they can get by with out me for a little bit" Walker replied as he set the cup down on the table. Scorpius pulled the blankets up over him some more. it was hard, but manageable. 

"I'm cold" Scorpius says shivering. 

"That is the fever talking" Walker explained. 

"fever?" Scorpius asked looking up at him. 

Walker looked at him cautiously. "do you remember ever being sick before?" he asked. 

scorpius frowned in thought. "Ive...been dizzy before" he says. 

Walker looked at him a little amused by his response. "no i mean sick. Vomiting. coughing. anything like that?"

Scorpius looked very puzzled and shakes his head shrugging a little. However in doing so he caused a sudden wave of neusea to hit and pain shot through him. He groaned as he turned over and curled up with a whimper.

There was a knock on the door.

They looked over as a man with a white coat walked in.

"Hello" The doctor greeted as he shut the door behind him. 'Well. I talked to his father. They sent over the records. and it is...there is nothing there" He says.

"what do you mean nothing there?" Walker asked stunned.

"the only thing there is his birth record....and even that is skechy at best" The doctor replied.

"sketchy how?" Walker questioned.

"well. it looks like someone tried changin things on it." the doctor replied holds out some papers. "these are all copys." he says and points to each of the lines. "See. it looks like someone used white out or something. There cant have been that many mess ups on one document. they would have just gotten another form." He explained.

Scorpius watched them very confused by all of this. What was going on? What were they talking about?

The doctor Looked down at Scorpius "can you tell me where you got thouse burns from?" He asked.

"b-burns?" Scorpius asked as panick shot through him.

"the ones on your chest and arms." The doctor says promptingly.

Scorpius flinched.

Walker looked over at Scorpius. "We need to know Scorpius."

Scorpius attempts to hide under the blanket.

Walker and the doctor sighed.

"scorpius. can you at least answer me this?" Walker asked which got scorpius to look out at him questioningly. "Do you feel safe at home?" he asked.

Scorpius pulled the cover over his head again. He didnt say anything. Why were they asking all these questions? Why did it matter? he had to go back anyway.