A Deal With The Devil

So long.

For so long he has waited for this moment, and he loathes it.

A fucking parasite that has been able to wiggle its way into the depths of his being and latched on, sucking him dry.

He was caught off guard when you first picked up his little box and held it in your delicate fingers, unable to understand if you even knew what you're getting yourself into.

Have you known about the box? Did you know anything about what power it holds?

No. He would be able to tell if you had ill intentions. Humans aren't able to hold back what's beyond their still faces, their eyes hold all secrets and he knows this. He can read them like the back of their palm if he wanted. He has too many powers to able him anyways if he really couldn't tell...

Your cute little expression showing curiosity was enough to show him that you weren't out for power.

Curiocity definitely killed the cat. His lip twitches into a slight smirk.

Usually humans are disposable to him. He only plays with his prey for something in return if they hold much value and other than that it doesn't matter who or what you are, he'll take what he needs. A soul. Damnation. Corruption.

The last was his very favorite to toy with. Seeing the sweet expression upon a peasants face while he deprives them of air was the warmest thing he could feel. On the inside he knows the turmoil the victim is feeling. Their lungs clenching to breathe, the pressure building behind the eyelids making them feel like they'll pop out their skull any second or the taste of iron filling their senses as they realize this is the end. The irises of another rolling to the back of their head and body going limp in his grasp made him feel whole.

This is exactly what he lives for. Power. Dominance. Control.

Judgement of another's life. The balance between if they live or deserve to die.

Usually the latter.

He'd even play certain games that humans think they can win. He'll coax them in, feed encouraging words in their ear until they make an unbreakable deal. An eye for an eye. Well, sometimes. He doesn't always play very fair, it depends on his mood he guesses. He ultimately loves to watch the internal turmoil of someone trying to win over him, having faith of getting out victorious. Silly creatures are so greedy, they never realize that he'd set them into a trap at all angles.

But when you picked up his box, he couldn't put a finger on what attracted him to you just yet. He'd decided to wait and study you until that slowly became an obsession. Of course, he's not oblivious to the fact that he can kill thousands of people and tourture their souls in an instant... but can't do the same to yours.

Infact, it came with a sliver of wanting to protect you from any danger other than himself. A selfish obsessed bastard can do whatever he wants, right? And one thing at the very top of his list would be to harvest you, to keep you all to himself so no one can touch or harm you in any way.

To make a deal. To let him in.

And that is what he'd decided the first night you took "him" home.

Every morning he's watched you yawn and rub your puffy eyes from agitation of the yellow sun filled room then proceed to lazily roll yourself off your bed to start the day. Some start early, some are later than usual, but he never fails to be there to observe. Every time you'd slip out of your pj's to enter the shower his eyes stay glued to your curves. Your illegally beautiful body dripping and soaped up as you wash yourself made his insides ache with desire.