Ch1- Familiar Faces

Today is move in day! I'm so excited, it's my first day at the university
I plan on staying at for the next few years of my life. I'm so happy to be away from that town and starting this new phase of my life.

So im moving in my dorm and my roommate is already here. And the moment I see her, it feels like I already know her, as if I've met her before. I look at her harder and ask what's her name and she says "Hey I'm Kay". That's when I realize she's my best friend that moved away when we were about to start high school. And many emotions come over me all at once. Main two are Excitement and Shock. She looks very different. She more fit & has that fun and positive vibe she's always had. Her hair is longer and she no longer have acne or glasses.
From the looks of it she doesn't seem to recognize me. But she staring at me, as if the wheels are turning in her head. I couldn't blame her for not recognizing me quicker, because I've also changed a lot.
When she knew me I was this short, chubby, little dark girl with really short hair. Now I'm almost above the average height for a girl my age. I recently cut my beautiful hair into a bob. I'm toned and fit to perfection or at least that's what I tell myself on "good day". Haha just kidding but I'm now fit, healthy, and vibrant. With a whole different attitude towards life.