Calm Before The Storm

Once... the universe was fine. Once it was perfectly okay. Until that one fateful day... And it was caught on camera. The exact moment the world would change forever. There was never really a distinct confirmation of who the anonymous poor soul who recorded the... incident was, but there were rumors. Legends say the young man's name was...

"Mark! Hey dude, what's been going on?" Asked a friend of his. Mark and Caleb had been best friends for as long as they could remember and they were the closest boys in the school. "Nothing much, how about you man?" Mark closed his locker door after taking out his notebooks, backpack and phone. "Same here.. Wait.. Why do you always have your phone set on the camera?"

"Heh, I dunno, I guess if anything crazy happens I'd wanna record it.." "Pffft, well you want a crazy story? I beat up this kid for stealing some lunch money from a second grader." Caleb proudly announced. "Yeah, and you expect me to believe that certain second grader wasn't your little sister, Ashley?" Mark snickered. "H-Hey! So what?! It's not like she can defend herself!" The dude was in seventh grade!" Caleb replied defensively, punching the taller male playfully.

"Ahhhh! My boneees! Call an ambulance!" Mark teased, walking to class. "See ya later shorty!" He laughed, running off. "Fucker..." Caleb muttered to himself as he headed off to his own class in the opposite direction. About twenty minutes passed before Mark got bored. He wasn't exactly a straight A student but he managed.

'Caaaaaaaaabe' Mark texted.
'Dude are you fucking retarded?! We'll get caught texting!' Caleb replied.
'Mmmm... so? Detention isn't THAT bad..'
'You... you suck...'
'Suck what?'
'Oh my god... You dirty minded..'
'XD'
'Anyway, I'm going to the bathroom'
'Can I come with you? I wanna chat'
'Dude- are you stupid? After I take a shit of course we can hang, maybe ditch class?'
'Heh, sounds good my g!'

Mark turned his phone back to camera mode and turned it off. He slid the phone into the pocket of his cuffed navy blue jeans and sighed softly. He raised his hand, shooting it up to the ceiling. "Miss Rose?" Mark whined. "Can I go to the bathroom?" "I don't know.." The teacher began with a smirk. 'Oh god...' Mark thought, letting his arm go limp as it hit the corner of his plastic blue chair.

"..Can you?" She put her hands on her hips, setting her marker down on her desk. "Uhhh ...yes?" Mark said, being the smartass he was. "No, no you cannot. Last time I let you go, you ditched." "Weren't you there?" "Yes, that's why I saw you." A few students giggled at what was going on. "Cmon, pleeeeeeease!" Mark begged, his urge to get out of the classroom growing stronger by the second.

There was a long pause before the teacher sighed. "Go ahead..." "Yes!" He raced out of the classroom and met Caleb in the bathroom.