Part 1

"Good morning." Anni wrapped her arms around a seated Jasmin's neck, giving her a soft kiss on the cheek.

"Morning. I have your coffee here." Jasmin gestured to the carafe, as well as a readied mug, before returning to her laptop.

"Mmm. Thank you." Anni, her coffee fixed to perfection, took a blessed sip. Ahh. Now I can wake up. "Where did you go this morning? I woke up and you weren't there."

"Sorry, sweetie. I have to get this article done before the deadline this afternoon."

"Always waiting 'til the last minute," Anni teased.

"Yeah, well, someone decided they wanted to keep me occupied last night."

"Complaining?"

Jasmin glanced over at Anni, giving her a sexy smile. "Absolutely not. Last night was amazing. We should do that more often." She winked at Anni, blowing her a little kiss.

Anni's dimples stood out as she grinned at her girlfriend. Oh yeah. We'll definitely do that again. She poured herself a bowl of cereal, while surreptitiously watching Jasmin as she worked. So beautiful. Sometimes Anni couldn't believe that Jasmin was finally with her. After so many months of painful-beyond-imagination heartache, she's finally able to hold the woman she loves in her arms. Even in public! The musician was thankful that Jasmin had come to terms with her sexuality. Nothing feels better than to walk hand in hand with Jasmin.

"What are you thinking?" Jasmin asked, unwittingly bringing Anni out of her reverie.

"Hmm?"

"You keep watching me."

"Well, why wouldn't I? You're beautiful."

Jasmin stopped typing, and just stared at Anni. A bright smile bloomed slowly. She stood up, and slid onto Anni's lap.

"I think you're beautiful, baby." Jasmin kissed Anni soundly when she made a face. "You are, so deal with it."

"Couldn't I just be hot?"

"Fine, you're beautifully hot," Jasmin chuckled. "Wanna go mess around?"

"I thought you had a deadline," Anni murmured while giving her girlfriend wet kisses along her neck.

Jasmin sighed heavily. "I do. But if you keep doing that, we're going to end up like we were last night. And, my legs are still sore."

Anni snorted, then slapped Jasmin on the ass, making her yelp. "Up. Get your work done. I have to go shopping anyway."

"Ooo, shopping. Getting anything special?" Jasmin hinted. She knew their one year anniversary was coming up, and was hoping Anni's little shopping trip meant something special for her.

"Nope. Just some food. Maybe some guitar strings. Things like that. I shouldn’t be long." Anni smirked behind Jasmin's back. Of course she wasn't going to tell Jasmin that she was going shopping for their anniversary. She may not have experience being in a relationship, especially one this long, but she's no dummy. "Ok, baby. I'm out. I'll see you later." She kissed Jasmin, lingering a little longer than necessary. With a frustrated grunt, she pushed away and hurried out the door.

***

"Pia! You are not helping me!"

Pia laughed out loud at Anni's irritation. "She would totally like this!" She held the white dress up in front of her, turning this way and that. "You don't think she would look good in this?"

Anni studied the dress. Jasmin would look amazing in the dress, but she also knew how it would be perceived. She just didn't think she was ready for that kind of commitment, yet. Yes, she loved Jasmin. Of course she did. But did she really believe that Jasmin was in this for the long haul?