Therapy Session Pt. 4

-Rihanna-

'So how do you feel about what your daughter?'

'In all honesty, I wanted to hurt my daughter. Nah scratch that. I wanted to kill her. I ain't even see that coming. Everything I went through in life was very traumatizing. Miscarriages, worrying about Keon, being jumped on by my daughter, and then me having to defend myself by beating her up like she some bitxh in the streets. I tried to keep her away from the negative energy. People who can get in her head, but it seems like I pushed into their arms. I basically gave up on my daughter.'

'I wouldn't say you gave up on her or pushed her into their arms. I think she wanted to be there. We as parents, want to protect our children from all the bad, but them being kids they're anxious to see what we're tryna keep them away from. They wanna test the waters. When they drown, we wanna be captain save a child but sometimes we gotta let them suffer on their own. Lord knows, no mother wanna see their child suffering but we have to do they can learn. You feeling guilty because you feel like you didn't do enough to protect her and try hard enough to keep her away from the wrong crowd. But when they at school, all that negative energy and crowd at the school gone come at her so she can fit in with them. And y'all got money, so she's definitely a target for them.'

'I just don't get what would make her be so disrespectful towards me. I gave her everything she ever asked me for so she wouldn't be rebellious. I put them before me like I was supposed to but still where is the appreciation from her? I don't get none. All I get is my past thrown in my face and back lash for tryna to protect my child.'

'Giving your child everything she ask for ain't gone help. It's gone make it worse cause she know whatever she want, you're going to give in and give it to her. Even when you know you shouldn't give it to her, you still do it because you want to make her happy. Sometimes you have to let your children be mad at you, tell them why you made that decision, and it's up to them to accept it and move on. She is spoiled and that's why she is so bad off.  Aside from all the pent up anger she has against you for supposedly abandoning her and blaming her dad,  now that you have stopped giving what she want she has became rebellious.'

'I really just wanna know where did she start feeling like this. Like the very time she started feeling neglected. When did I ever start neglecting her?'

'She will answer that when we have a group family session. I have to make sure she agrees to it before I ambush her with all of y'all at once. Imma get her in and get some info. In about 30 minutes, we will have the family session. '

'Ok.'