Chapter 8 - Giving Up

< Jeremy's P.O.V >
The darkness greeted me at first. I heard mostly everything. The panicked gasps, the doctors, Mike..
That was probably the worst sound. Mike. He was crying- yes, crying. Mike was blaming himself for the whole thing. He was holding my hands the whole time. He didn't leave me.. Until the stupid doctors pulled him out.
From that point in, I didn't pay much attention to the noises I heard. I didn't really want to hear them.
Like, who would want to hear noises like, "He may not make it with the amount of blood he lost." or "I'm sorry, Mike, but Jeremy is in a coma."
Not me.
I would only listen to Mike. He came everyday- for a while. One day, he just cried. Nonstop. Now, usually, he just small talks with me and says what's going on in his life, but this time he just cried. He said how he was scared that I was going to die and how he would never let it happen again. Mike also said how he wished he was the one who's in a coma and how I don't deserve to be in one. But, most importantly, he said he gave up. This scared me the most.
As days pasted, Mike didn't come. I knew he was alive, I was just scared about what happened to him.
All I knew was that he gave up..
-
//sorry for short chapter guise//