Julian

I met Julian a few months back at this party. We exchanged numbers and started off just talking as friends. But as time progressed we decided to make it official.

" We're here babe " he says as we pulled into the parking lot of this Chinese restaurant.

He gets out of the car and comes over to my side to open the door for me.

" Thanks " I say smiling and I give him a peck on the cheek as I hop out of the car.

One thing I've always loved about him was how much of a gentlemen he was. Plus, he was a sweetheart, even before we started dating.

We make our way into the restaurant and sat down. Our waiter comes and takes our orders and we talk as we wait for our food to come out.

" So how was dance today ? " Julian asks while sipping on his drink.

I smile at the mention of dance, " It was great, my instructor has been really impressed with how much I have improved in just the last two weeks ".

" I'm not surprised, you're at the studio almost everyday. It's like you barely have enough time for me anymore" he says frowning.

" Stop whining " I say laughing.

He laughs with me but then gets serious, " But seriously Adalina, when are you gonna take a break? "

I look at him and sigh, "I don't know Julian ... you know this is what I have to do "

Every since I was a little girl my passion has always been dance. I've been dancing since I learned how to walk. It's the only thing I know, it's my life. So of course my dream to peruse a career in dance. My ultimate goal is to be apart of the New York City Ballet, one if the most famous companies in the U.S.

I'm 17 now, soon to be 18, and a senior in high school. I don't have much time left. So I've been working hard so I can reach my goal and go to school for dance in New York.

But before Julian can respond, our food comes.

After we finish our meal we head back out to Julian's car. I look at the clock and it says 3:30 pm.

" Since we got some time before I have to get you home, you wanna chill at my place ? " Julian asks.

I nod and we head out.