13. care

wren brought a cup of coffee carefully into jons room around 11, knocking on the door to wake him. jon was already awake, he hadn't really even slept, but he brought himself to sit up on the side of his bed and rub his face alert. his eyes widened to see wren bringing in coffee and a cup of milk. she was so fucking cute.

"i thought i'd bring you an apology." she sat on the side of the bed with him, maintaining a small distance. "i totally disregarded... everything yesterday."

"you don't have to feel sorry for not having those feelings wren." he nodded. "you've been really good to be and i misread it."

"jon, i've never felt the way you make me feel and it scares me. you make me feel like i'm my own person. and i really do...." she shut her eyes. he took her hand and she felt her heart flip. "i love you. in a way. in a way i can't comprehend. but i'm unsure of myself."

he sat the drinks down on his counter. pulling her into a hug. "you make me a better person wren. i don't wanna stop being that person."

"i know." she nodded as she hugged him tightly. "i don't want you to go either. my stupid ass got attached to a rockstar, okay." she laughed.

"thank you for the honesty." he said. "i hated being so distant. even for one day."

"so what are we gonna do?" wren said. "you leave in a week.

"let's not focus on that right now, okay?" jon laid back in bed, pulling wren with him. "it's early. let's just enjoy it now that we're finally together."

wrens heart felt warm at jons touch. the touch barrier was finally broken and she had no problem letting him pull her in to spoon, tucking his arms safely around her. "i love you." she said, kissing his hand gently.

they laid together for the next couple hours, enjoying their morning together. occasionally they would turn to each other to plant gentle kisses, or wren would climb on top to lay on him. eventually the need for shirts became pointless.

jon had never felt this close to another human. maybe he was overshooting it, but maybe he didn't care. he had someone to come home to. something to look forward to. he didn't want to hurt himself, have random hookups, or bang his head against a wall to feel something.

maybe he could have her move in. but school. god he didn't wanna live in ohio longer than three weeks as much as it's been nice. how would their cats get along?

he almost laughed out loud at that last thought. before he realized he was thinking about his future. what he wanted. he never knew he could want something.

before he knew it we was out like a light, hugging his girlfriends....

girlfriend? girlfriend.

....her body to his.

-

"what the fuck is this?" wren said. she must've got back up before jon. welp, that's a small bag of coke in her hands. shit.

"uhm... i..."

"where'd you get coke from? and why is it in my fucking house?"

"uh... jonny. he stopped in town yesterday. we hung out and did blow. nothing serious."

"i thought you hadn't done that in ten years?" she said. "why now? i thought you said you stopped hanging out with him because you didn't want to get into worse drugs?"

"wren," he got up, taking the bag. "i'll flush it. i'm not like jonny, i don't need drugs to be happy. i just had to clear my head yesterday."

"i just don't wanna see you doing shit like that okay?" she looked to the ground. "i don't wanna be controlling i just..."

"wren, you don't wanna see me do coke. that's a completely reasonable request. i just really wasn't in the right headspace yesterday and i didn't really care about myself."