9|BYE BYE

EVERYONE HAS A GUILTY PLEASURE

EVERYONE HAS A GUILTY PLEASURE. EVEN LITTLE MISS PERFECT. INBETWEEN MAINTAINING THE PERFECT GRADES, THE PERFECT LOOKS, THE PERFECT SHOE COLLECTION, MISS GENEVIEVE MONTGOMERY HANDED HER AID TO A SUICIDE HOTLINE IN A VERY PECULIAR WAY.

The blonde couldn't be anything but perfect considering her family's legacy. All of her ancestors had performed outstandingly well in academics and had attended the best of the best universities leading them to make world-changing discoveries. It was a picture-perfect family blessed with the power of knowledge and charming looks.

Genevieve had grown up in a household with strict rules. Don't slouch, don't frown, don't talk back. Smile for the camera, be polite, never swear when talking, never bring shame to the family name.

Ultimately, she was tired of the lifestyle. Not of the luxury and riches, she would very gladly keep that. After being forced and told what to do all her life, wasn't it natural for her to act out? Expected? If not now, she was bound to rebel in the future.

These calls allowed her to form a connection with the victims. They would get to know each other very well indeed but when that phone rang, she was no longer Genevieve Montgomery but simply Mary.

Instead of preventing the end, she encouraged it.

Sometimes, you have to be selfish in life so if you want to do something, fucking do it. This was Mary's outlook on life... or the end of it. If you're going to go out with a bang, it might as well be a bang that you like hence Mary's assistance in the suicides.

Although, it would be a stretch to call it assistance.

Beckett had had no further contact with The Big Six. They cut him off. He had, however, been in contact with Mary for four days. Beckett was in a vulnerable state, he was alone with his thoughts and he spent every second recounting the events in his head.

He was disgusted with himself and the guilt was eating away at him.

In the four days, the two had built up such a rapport that he had invited her over on Monday night. Not for a fancy meal, not to chat but because that was when he decided to end it.

Genevieve concealed her blonde hair with an auburn wig. The white, satin blouse with a black bow closing the collar covered her fair skin and she paired it with a simple black and white skirt that ended just above mid-thigh. She went to her shoe closet and sat down.

She scoured her shelves for the perfect pair. Tonight would be a big night, going out with a bang and all, so she wanted to wear her favourites. She picked out Giuseppe Zanotti's 2.0 Cruel heels. What a fitting name. The gold detailing on the front of the shoe made it look as though she had wings on her feet. She was always called an angel and now she was finally going to be one.

+++

Down at the police station, the officers were dozing off. It was nearing the morning of Tuesday and the shift had been going painfully slow.