Chapter 5: New Plans

"Melody! Time to go!" Severus shouted from downstairs.

It had been a week since I moved in at Severus' house, and I was up in my room rolling my eyes at his impatience.

It was quite something living with him, he'd set even more ground rules once he found out that the money I'd paid the groceries with was earned by working at the bookshop. Of course... I'd waited about two days before telling him, since it took that long to get all the books sorted and on their shelves. Also — guessing that that would be how he'd react — I got the money from the little old man and returned the green basket to the woman at the grocery store, and explained to them that I probably wouldn't be allowed to return.

They didn't believe me. Suffice to say, I'd been right.

I was then mainly confined to the house. It felt like house arrest at times, but I liked it when Seraphina came to visit each day. Despite my personal stress to come with Draco, Becky, and Lissy in terms of people finding out my history... I enjoyed having Seraphina over. But Severus didn't like it.

He'd told me more than once, "You can't trust her, Melody."

I usually responded with just, "Bog off. I can't trust anyone these days anyways." That usually sent me to my room for a few hours. I don't think he realized that his form of punishment was not exactly working. I did have books up there to pass the time.

I walked slowly down the stairs saying, "It's not like Professor Dumbledore set a certain time and warned us not to be late. We have all day!"

Severus was already standing outside, glaring at me to hurry up. I closed the front door behind me.

"Dumbledore has a plan for you that may happen to take up most of the day," he said, holding out his arm.

I looked at him, one of my eyebrows raised, "What would that be?"

"We'll explain it to you when we get there," he growled.

"If you know, you can just tell me now. I really don't think anyone's going to be listening in on us here."

"I would feel more comfortable discussing it at school."

I sighed, taking hold of his arm. He Apparated us in front of Hogwarts and began speed walking toward the gates. I had to run to catch up with him, "Honestly, Severus, you're being very difficult today!"

He didn't answer. Just opened up the gate, closed it behind us, and trekked quickly toward the castle.

I shook my head, deciding not to even run after him anymore as I slowed down to a more comfortable pace. But, it was a funny surprise to get to the front doors to find him waiting for me — though he looked as though he was about to blow with anger.

"Aww, it's so sweet of you to wait," I said.

He sighed irritably, and walked just as slowly to the Headmaster's office with me. "I could swear you've become more sarcastic," he said.

"No, I actually meant it when I said it was sweet of you to wait."

"It didn't sound like it."

"Oh, well, then I guess I shall become the sarcastic dark witch by the end of the year. My line — 'sarcastic all the time!'"

He let out a snort, and held his hand to his mouth to keep from laughing.

"Don't hold in that laugh, you know you want to let it out."

Clearing his throat, he shook his head — his facial expression fell back to that serious look I knew so well as we reached the entrance to the Headmaster's office. The gargoyle blocking our path moved when Severus said, "Fizzing Whizbee."