Chapter 39

----------

"I like you, Jiaqi."

00 : 00 : 00

She gathered all the courage she have in her body to say these words. It's now or never.

"Sorry. Mind repeating it again? The fireworks here are so loud so I wasn't able to hear it."

Jiaqi said from the other line.

Xueer felt her whole world go down. She didn't expect to be in this kind of situation. Thinking that her confession would turn out the way she wants it to be, She was completely wrong.

"That was nothing. Happy new year, Jiaqi."

-----

Today is the day that Xueer would be finally going back to Jiaqi's apartment after spending a few days in her parents' house.

The short-haired girl is busy cleaning the whole place and she have no idea why.

"Are you cleaning? That's so new!"

Jiaqi was startled by the voice and almost jumped in surprise.

She turned around and immediately run towards Xueer who's currently standing by the door.

"You're back!"

She excitedly uttered and hugged the shorter girl tightly.

Though a bit surprise with Jiaqi's action, Xueer can't help but to smile and return the hug.

"Silly. You're acting like we haven't meet each other for years. I was just gone for 3 days, Duh?"

That may really be a short time but is enough for Jiaqi to miss the other girl so much.

"Don't care. I miss you."

Jiaqi said that made Xueer's heart beat faster.

God, why does she always feel that way?

"I miss you too."

-----

"I like to tell you guys something."

Xueer started fidgeting her fingers. Her friends, Yu Yan and An Qi with also Yuxin are with her inside the student council room.

Xueer have made up her decision and she thinks that keeping this from her friends would be a really bad idea.

"I'm leaving to study college in the states."

Xueer said and hung her head low.

The whole room was silent and no one dared to speak.

The redhead's nervousness is eating her up.

"I-Is this because of your parents? Are they instructing you to do things again?"

Yu Yan worriedly asked, Concerned that maybe Xueer's parents are taking a hold of the girl's life again.

"No! It's my decision."

Xueer replied.

"And you're choosing to leave us? Are we still even friends?"

An Qi complained with a pout. She's not mad but she can't say that she isn't disappointed.

"N-No. It's not like that. Besides, I'll be back once I finished college. I just think that I'll have better opportunity in the future if I chose to study abroad."

Xueer explained, Hoping that her friends would understand her.

"Let's understand her. She have a great reason and will be back after a few years anyways. Why don't we just support her, right?"

Yuxin chose to say those words.

Xueer was touched with what she said and gave Yuxin a smile.

"Right. What else can we do if you made your decision already? We'll support you with whatever you want, Kong Xueer."

Yu Yan said and let out a small smie. She's sad with the thought of her bestfriend leaving but she knew that letting her go will be for the best.

"Always take care there, okay? We will visit you when we can. Don't skip your meals and study hard."

An Qi said as she held Xueer's hand and squeeze it, Her eyes seems to be letting out an ocean of tears in any minute.

"Chill. I'm not yet leaving, okay? We still have a few months left."

Xueer said followed by a chuckle because of her friend's cuteness.

"Does Jiaqi know about this?"

Yu Yan asked that made Xueer froze.

Right, Jiaqi! She also have to tell her about this. It will be harder for sure.

"I'm just about to tell her."

----------

Ya'll I have some other plans with this story but I'm still thinking about it. I'm already done with the ending but I think I'll be changing it for some reasons.

Also, I've read comments about pairing Yu Yan with someone... Let's see😉

Thanks for reading!

Support THE9!