Beginning And Reading

A/n~
Hi, I thought of writing this so people would get to know this app the way I do. This will help properly so enjoy. I thought about doing this at 23:58 so don't judge my thoughts on this. Also, read the blurb before you read, thanks.

When you first log in to Wattpad, it will ask for your:
-Phone number/ email and password
-Log in with Facebook
-Log in with Google
When you do this, your account will be set up. It will then tell you to pick three categories of reading styles you like. For E.g.
-Romance, Teen, Thriller, Horror, Fanfiction, Fantasy.

Then you will come to your profile page. This is where you can choose a profile picture and a background picture to go with it. Your account name will be underneath followed by your:
-Wattpad points
-Works
-Reading lists
-Followers
Take mine for example:

 Your account name will be underneath followed by your:-Wattpad points-Works-Reading lists-FollowersTake mine for example:

Then it will say 'Add story to library' so you go to the Home Page and scroll for a book that looks interesting.

When you have found a book, READ THE BLURB IMMEDIATELY! The blurb is the most important part. Yes it may give away slightly what happens with characters but you will see how the reader feels aswell. These five icons at the bottom are very important!

House ~ Home page

Magnifying Glass ~ Search

Bookshelf ~ Your Library/Reading Lists

Pen ~ Your stories, so you can edit quicker than going onto your profile.

Bell ~ Notifications

If your library sounds boring, you can call it 'Read Later Books' like mine

If your library sounds boring, you can call it 'Read Later Books' like mine. Also if you are reading a book and you think others should read it, a notification will come up saying, "Enjoying this story?" When you're reading, you can click your ➖ volume button or just scroll pages down. Your ➕ volume will scroll up by the way. As you can see, this heading of the book has a on it: this means that if you press it, you can add it to your reading lists or your Library. Your Reading lists can be seen by strangers so I would personally put them all in your Library, kept private and safe. If you add the stories you're reading into your Library, the app will keep track of where you are in the book. The amount of times that I ignored the request from the app while reading and I've lost where I was up to ~ now my problem is solved and so can yours!

When you're reading, you have choices:-To vote for the story or not-To comment on the story or notVoting is if you love/like the story and would recommend it

-To vote for the story or not
-To comment on the story or not
Voting is if you love/like the story and would recommend it.

While you are reading, you could come across a picture or a video! Yes, Wattpad can allow you to watch videos, it gives you a whole new experience. If you are a book reader and you like the sound of a page turning, your loss! I'm kidding...👉👈😐

When you comment, you can either comment on a certain paragraph or just the whole chapter. So if you read a book and there are numbers next to the paragraphs in grey, that it what it is.

There is a certain setting on the app, to read stories in white and edit in black. This helps me tell the difference and also, I can edit without hurting my eyes.

A/n~
Hope you found this helpful enough. I will update with a writing and back and forth skills.