Chapter 1 - Arriving

Skye's POV :
"Mum stop! You're going to suffocate me!" My mum was practically strangling me - but it was what she called, 'hugging with love'.

"Oh I'm sorry honey, it's just, the longest we've ever been apart was when you had a double sleepover at your friend Belle's house!"

"Mum! I'm only going for 1 month! Just get yourself busy doing things in that time and you will hardly notice I'm gone."

"Oh your right honey. I'm just going to miss you so much!"

"I'm going to miss you too mum!" I said, as tears were welling up in both of our eyes.

We hugged for one last time before I loaded my few suitcases into the boot of the taxi. My mum couldn't drive - well she could, but she refused to, ever since my dad died in that car accident. She always blamed herself for his death, just because she was the one driving the car. Now I pretty much have to rely on a taxi or a bus taking me anywhere I can't walk or ride my bike to. I hoped into the back seat of the car, closed the door and waved one last time to my mum, as the car took off down the road.

I told the taxi driver my destination, which was the Florida airport. I was on my way to Sydney, Australia, to meet my cousin who I had never met before. His dad is my uncle, who I haven't met either. He was my dads brother, but they couldn't make it to the funeral, so to make it up to me, they invited me to stay with them for a month. My cousins name is Ashton Irwin.

Apparently he is in a band with three of his friends. I was told what it was called, but I can't remember exactly. 4 Minutes of Winter? Nah that doesn't sound right. Oh well, I guess I'll have to find out when I get there.

By the time I've finished having all these thoughts, the taxi has pulled up at the airport. I hand the driver a $20 note and hop out of the car. I grab my luggage and start walking to the desk where you give in your luggage and collect your ticket.

I wait near my boarding area for about 10 minutes before I finally hear my plane being called over the loudspeaker.

"GATE B! YOUR PLANE IS NOW READY TO BOARD!"

I hand the lady my ticket and walk onto the plane, my carry-on luggage looped over my shoulder.

I find my seat and it is thankfully next to a window. My favourite seats, I thought. The flight attendants go through all the safety instructions.

The seatbelt sign clicks on and the plane begins to speed down the runway. Before I know it, we are up in the air. I grab my phone and my headphones, open my spotify app and begin to listen to my favourite playlists.

I must've fallen asleep on the plane, because I wake up and we are just landing in Sydney airport.

Oh boy, something tells me this won't be just any ordinary trip.

Wow oh my god my first real update! I'm sorry, I'm pretty sure if you're reading this, it was probably really short, even though it took me a long time to write haha!

Please vote, comment and follow me! it would mean so so much!
Thanks guys, love you (:

Ps : ill try and update asap, k?

lucifersdonut xx