Part of Jose's story.

Wander and Sylvia were appalled at what the boy said. Jose got up, walked to the extinguished fire, raised the not-so-heavy pot, and began to sip the liquid from the soup and swallow the remaining solids with great anxiety and speed. As soon as he finished, he wiped his dirty mouth full of soup with his hand and wiped his hand on his shorts. Yes, the boy just beat Wander and Sylvia in their lack of manners at dinner time.

Then the boy looked at Wander and Sylvia and said:

-What? Why are you looking at me like that?

-You didn't finish telling why you hate your parents- Wander replied -.

Jose said:

-I don't know why they decided to bring me to life. My earliest memories see my parents happier with me, but those memories are very few, because later, since I was five years old, I see contempt, bitterness and disgust from them to me. Once (the first and last time it happened to me), my father whipped me, I don't know how long, but it was horrible. However, I see my older brothers that my parents continued to treat them very well as they treated me before and I still wonder why. After I have been whiped, my parents neglected me and I learned to take care of myself in some way. The only times I interacted with them it happened in two ways: either they ignored me or they insulted me. That didn't matter, I was happy being alone away from home and I didn't give a damn about the rest, until some time later the other children in town began to mistreat me. One of the times when I was mistreated I came to see everything black and when I woke up, I was covered with dirt, I came home and saw my parents being happier than usual, but they were no longer happy when they saw me, as always. 

The boy stopped a bit and then began to count nothing else because he began to yawn and then sleep soundly.

Written: August 7, 2020

Edited: August 8, 2020.