Before the epilogue.

The four of them have already escaped from that horrible place. Seriously, they are safe now, no one stands in their way, no one hinders them, no one tells them anything, no one interrupts them, they are all free.

For a moment, they felt neither crying, nor sorrow, nor pain. They felt relieved, they felt light, they felt good to be free at last, they were happy about it. However, after landing on the vegetation-filled planet where Wander, Sylvia, and Jose were earlier in the beginning of this story, there was a moment of silence, and, after that silence, Pedro got off Sylvia, knelt down and began to cry very hard. He still felt pain for the death of his loved one and for the terrible circumstances that happened.

The others soon began to cry in pain. Everything they went through was horrible, it was the most terrible hell of their lives: Having felt deep contempt and repudiation of other people, seeing other people die, the fear of death, the stress they had to deal with, how hard it was the escape ... It was all horrible, it was a deep trauma for them, it was all horrible.

After almost an hour dedicated to expressing all the pain they felt, little by little the strength to do so was running out until, after a few more minutes, they stopped crying. They were all tired, battered, dirty, sad and very traumatized. However, they were mostly exhausted, as they were very sleepy and wanted to sleep, which they finally did.

Yes, they can finally sleep in peace, because the planet where they are, even if it is close, is not very visible to say and, furthermore, orbble juice is forbidden in that hell. 

They slept many hours until the next morning. When they got up, a few hours had passed after sunrise. There was a lake nearby where everyone went to bathe. Sylvia was the first to finish bathing and washing her saddle. After she did all of that, she put her saddle aside to dry and said:

-Wait for me here, everyone. Wander, please, would you give me the bottle of orbble from your hat...?  Thanks! Pedro and Jose's clothes and shoes are already torn and useless, that's why I'm going to buy them new clothes and shoes, ok ...? Let me see... yes, I have the wallet luckily, bye and take good care of them, please!

A moment later, José finished bathing and Wander gave him a towel that he pulled out of his hat, but Jose glared at him and walked away naked to a lonely corner of the forest clearing. Wander followed him and asked:

-What happens???

-YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!! - Jose shouted angrily -.

-Hey, don't call me like that! - Wander said firmly - Bad boy!

-HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT??? BEFORE YESTERDAY, YOURSELF PREVENTED MY ATTEMPT TO END MY LIFE. YOU, APPEARINGLY, DID NOT WANT ME TO DIE, DID YOU??? YOU'RE A LIAR MORON!!! YESTERDAY, YOURSELF SENT ME TO DEATH!!! I'M CONFUSED!!! WHAT DO YOU WANT??? DO YOU WANT ME TO LIVE OR DO YOU WANT ME TO DIE???

Wander, in already soft words, replied:

-Jose, I didn't want you to die, I just wanted to go to your parents' house. I wanted to explain to your parents how valuable you were, I had faith that I could change them, but we couldn't find them, because ... you know what happened.

The boy looked at him in disgust and said slowly in a raspy and harsh voice full of anger:

-I hate you, motherf#$%er d#$%head!

What the boy said hurt Wander deeply, but that didn't matter to him, just having insulted him like that wasn't enough, something was missing and that something soon appeared in Jose's sights.

What the boy looked at was close between the trees of the forest, he went where that something quickly ignoring what Wander told him:

-What are you doing? STOP!

The boy quickly climbed onto a nearby rock, grabbed a vine, wrapped it around his neck, tied a loop, jumped off the rock and...

...a short moment later, Wander rescued the boy, but the boy was...

Wander desperately tried to save the boy...

However, the boy was...

Pedro tried to save the boy...

However, the boy was...

And Sylvia tried to save the boy...

However, the boy was...

They started crying...

Wander was crying even louder and in pain:

-IT'S ALL MY FAULT, SYLVIA!!!! I DIDN'T SAVE HIM IN TIME!!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!! I FAILED!!! I FAILED!!! I'M A LIAR!!!! I'M A FRAUD!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Everyone was crying...

...except the boy, 

because 

he 

was...

...

...

he

was

...

...

alive.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Written on August 28, 2020.