Chapter 14

There's a thin line between love and hate.

Semi hated Shirabu.
Everyday he'd managed to piss him off.
He hated him for no particular reason.

Now...?
~

Shirabu's POV:

"So, you gonna tell me what happened or what?" I asked growing impatient.
We, well i, had eaten and had a coffee. I still felt guilty for eating his food and staying in his house but it was also oddly comforting. You know, being looked after. I don't remember the last time someone looked after me.
By now my hangover had died down and we were now sitting in Semi's room.

"Yeah.. But just... don't get all Shirabu over it alright?"

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean!?"
All shirabu!?

Semi laughed whilst shaking his head, "That. Don't get mad. It's not my fault what happened."

"Just tell me!" I'd earned some of my snappiness back. Just because Semi and I seem okay it doesn't mean i'm going to suddenly change my whole personality towards him. Even if i do feel nothing but guilt.

Semi stuck his hands up in defence, leaning back a little as i lost my short temper.
"We were all drinking, no surprise there. You were avoiding me the whole party, which okay, touché. Until near the end you uh.. you walked over and chugged my whole drink. Impressive by the way." He laughed. His laughs have been getting progressively less awkward. Until now. Now he's just awkward again. He's shuffling in his seat and struggling to look at me.
I rolled my eyes, how long does it take to get the the fucking point?
"Uh anyway you kinda.. well.. not kinda, more like harshly-"

"Get to the point Semi!"

"Jeez okay, chill. You kissed me."

"Shit.." I mumbled under my breath, God i'm fucking stupid.
I rub my temples from the stress that only built up more and more. Okay. It was just a kiss. At least it was only a kiss. I've kissed many people whilst drunk. It just sucks this time because it was Semi Eita and i shouldn't be kissing Semi Eita because of our.. circumstances.

"Oh but shirabu, that isn't it." He laughed cheerfully. Is he seriously enjoying this!?
"You dragged me into the other room and we maybe made out.. like.. kind of a lot."

"Why didn't you stop me!?"

"Hey! I was just as drunk as you, so don't blame me! You're the one who kissed me first!"

"You kissed back!?" I shouted.

"Obviously!" He shouted back.
That's supposed to be obvious?! The last i spoke to the guy we were screaming at each out in the club room and i'm supposed to just assume he'd kiss me back if i dragged him to make out with me?! And more, what even is this conversation!?
"Anyway, you said we were going and then we walked to mine, we got lost a few times but we made it here eventually. After that we kinda passed out so no need to worry."

"Fuck.." I groaned into my hands, falling down onto the bed. Wanting to hide away from everyone.
I fight the urge to ask for more details when he says 'passed out'. How exactly. Where. I know i slept in Semi's bed. Did he too? How were we sleeping? How does drunk me act when sleeping next to a guy i just kissed and dragged back to his house.

"Hey, i'm just glad you're not avoiding me anymore." He laughed. "I missed ya shirabitch."

~ Nom nom time skip ~

~ semi's POV ~

"You gonna give me a kiss goodbye?" I teased as Shirabu was about to leave my house.
He ended up staying over for a few hours, claiming he didn't really want to see his parents after 'going missing', again.

I didn't really expect Shirabu's reaction as he smirked at me, "Do you want one?"

"I.. maybe?" His answer took me off guard, not really knowing what to say other than... the truth.
That's an issue of mine. Some people can't lie. Some people get nauseous or awkward when they lie. That's not my case. I can lie the fuck out of any situation. Until i get a little flustered anddd- i'm a truth bomb. If you want the truth out of me all you have to do is make me a little shy.

I don't really know where my relationship stands with Shirabu. I don't know if i could call us friends and we're definitely not more than friends. I'm not sure if he hates me anymore (or least as much) so... It's more like.. Two guys, one who has a crush on the other, the other taking granted of the help he's getting, who kiss now and then, sometimes sober, sometimes not. I wish we had my sober kisses than non sober.

"Semi?"

"Yeah?"

"You're really red." He laughed, it must have been the first time i've ever heard shirabu let out a genuine laugh. Since the noise he made made my heart flutter and stomach do flips.

What a beautiful sound.

If i had to compare Shirabu's laugh to a thing, i would compare it to butterflies. Butterflies with wings of silk. Butterflies with wings of silk flapping in the smooth, unbothered air.  It was smooth and sort of delicate-if a laugh can even be delicate. It was just a beautiful sound i wish i could reverse time so i could prepare myself to listen to such an alluring thing.

"Hey, semi. Don't just space out let that." He clapped his hands in front of my face, quickly bringing me back.

"Sorry, you have a beautiful laugh."
I don't even bother trying to make my self shut up. I know for a fact that that sound is going to be replaying in my head for the next 3-5 working days theres no harm in saying it.

"Thanks for everything, dumbass." He lightly smiled, such a beautiful sight. He stood up on his tiptoes, giving a soft yet quick kiss to my cheek. "Satisfy you enough?"

"No, but maybe next time."

"I hate you so much."

"The feelings mutual, bye." I smiled, closing the door on Shirabu.

"Well fuck you too then!" I heard Shirabu call out from the other side of the door making me chuckle.

[A/n: :/ ]

Edit: i miss my semishira phase man. I love enemies to lovers with my entire heart.
I'm on my way to college now and i haven't done my homework n i've lost my folder that has all the work i've done in the last 3 months so that's an issue—-