Chapter 0: ℙ𝕚𝕝𝕠𝕥

𝐏𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐭

"It is only the
Dead
Who do not
Return"

"𝘞𝘦'𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦, 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦."

𝘐 𝘚𝘐𝘎𝘏 𝘈𝘚 I watch one of my friends stand on the roof, a foot dangling over the edge, a beer can in one hand, the wind blows as he tries to maintain his balance

"That's what, a three-story fall to the deck?" I heard Pope ask as I looked away from John b.

"I give you a one-in-three chance of survival." He continued

"Hm." I hear John b hum and I see him stick his pointer finger in his mouth and hold it out in the air as if to check the wind.

"-should I do it?" He questioned

"Yeah, jump-" I heard Pope replay from below.

"-I'll shoot you on the way down." He finished holding up a nail gun pointing it at him.

From the slab connected to the roof JJ just looks over, I laugh from my seat beside him.

"You'll shoot me?" John b asked looking down at him from the roof, Pope replied with a 'yep' as John b pointed a finger gun at him saying 'pow!'

"Yeah, I would say go for it but then again I don't want to be questioned why there is John b splattered one the floor of a newly built house." I say taking a swig of my beer.

"-They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers." Kiara said coming out from under the house, after checking it out for a while.

"Of course. Why wouldn't they?" JJ asked finally saying something

"This used to be a turtle habitat, but who cares about the turtles, I guess?" She replied half talking to herself at the end

"I can't have cold towels." He said

"Can you please not kill yourself?" She asked John b after seeing him only standing on one foot atop the roof.

"Don't spill the beer. I'm not giving you another one." JJ told him

Right after saying that John b lost his balance, catching himself yet losing the beer in the process.

"Whoa! Oh, shit." He cursed. As the can hit the floor you can hear the liquid spray out.

"Of course you do, right when I tell you not to."
John b just groaned looking down at the busted can.

"A-plus." JJ said clapping