Chapter 4: Reunion

Spongebob and Patrick were ecstatic! What started out as a terrifying wild goose chase had turned into a joyus reunion with an old friend. The two hadn't seen Jimmy or any of their cross-dimensional friends in years, so seeing Jimmy after everything that happened so far was definitely a surprise to say the least.

"Jimmy!" Spongebob began excitedly, "We haven't seen you in years!" "We were starting to worry that the portal network got cut off!" Patrick added.

"You are actually correct, Patrick!" Jimmy explained, "As there was no Multiverse ending threat since SpongeGlob, I had thought space and time were finally in peace, so I shut down the portal network. However, just recently, I had decided to conduct some experiments involving interdimenaional travel when I ran into M.O.D., he explained the situation and told me to find you, Timmy Turner, and Danny Fenton as fast as I could."

"Well, you got 1 world right!" Spongebob said as he gestured to the others.

"Wait, what are you talking about?" Zooli wondered with the other two guppies, who were very young and inexperienced when it came to science-fiction.

Jimmy, hearing this, took it upon himself to teach the three guppies about the Multiverse, "Have you three ever heard of The Multiverse Theory?"

"No!" The trio of preschoolers all answered.

"Well, the theory states that there are an infinite number of universes coexisting with ours on parallel dimensional planes. Now, in each of these alternate universes, the reality is different than our own. Some changes are as small as an atom, and others are as big as an entire universe"

"Oh," Molly figured, "So that's why our world has us Mermaids, and your world has... Um..."

"Humans?" Lincoln butted in.

"Yeah, humans!" Molly replied, "Thanks, Lincoln!"

"You're welcome!"

"Anyways," Jimmy continued, "The point I'm trying to make here is, every possibility exists."

M.O.D. then projected a holographic model of the Multiverse

"Behold, The Infinite Multiverse!" M.O.D. said.

The rest of the group novel to Multiverse Travel witness a series of worlds spiraling around everyone.

"Who's the ghost?" Dora asked.

"That's Danny Fenton!" replied Spongebob, "He was only 14 years old when he accidentally got Ghost Powers from another world."

"And what are the three tiny floating people near the boy with the buck teeth and the pink hat and the girl with the flower on her head?" Clyde questioned

"That's Timmy Turner," Jimmy replied, "and those three are his computer programs, Cosmo, Wanda, and Poof!"

"Jimmy actually means 'Fairies'!" Spongebob added.

"Whatever!" Jimmy responded, "The girl with Turner however is a mystery!"

"Wait," Spongebob realized, "Do our friends still have their dimensional communicators?"

"Of course they do!" Jimmy answered, "Why?"

Three hours later, SpongeBob, Patrick, and Jimmy were able to bring Timmy, his Fairies, The Mystery Girl, Danny, Tucker, Jazz, and Sam into the fold of what was happening. Timmy also took the time to introduce (per Wanda's insistence) The Mystery Girl, whose name happened to be Chloe Carmichael. The trio also introduced them to their new friends.

"Well, The new recruits look weirder than I expected" Danny said while looking at his odd situation.

"Yeah," Sam replied, "No kidding!"

"Alright," Timmy asked, "We know why we're here, but who do we have to stop anyway?"

"M.O.D.?" Jimmy motioned.

"OK," M.O.D. began, "Better reveal my old boss now! Alright, M.O.D., time to rip the band-aid! My old boss has a bit of a connection with you guys, he said you met on some island near the edge of the Multiverse."

"But if that's true," Jimmy predicted, "then we might be in complete danger!"

"I'm sure it's just some power hungry jerk!" Lincoln explained, "In my comic books, it's always one of these guys!"

"Lincoln," Spongebob explained, realizing who the team would have to deal with, "M.O.D.'s old boss already has a lot of power, once, he took over that island by creating an evil ooze! But with the Foundation Elements, he could have the power to destroy everyone and everything!"

"Right you are, Spongebob!" M.O.D. added, "My old boss is... THE MAWGU!"