Stuck in the middle

One thing I dislike: being stuck in the middle. But with my helping others I always end up getting in between things. Like that time my best friend and her boyfriend fought, I tried getting them back together but ended up losing my friend.

Or that time my brother got in a fight and I tried stopping them by literally getting in between them. Yeah, that didn't stop the fight at all. I ended up with a black eye and a bruised jaw.

Or that time my parents got a divorce and made my brother and I choose who to stay with. That was an uncomfortable position. I mean I love them both equally and it was heartbreaking for me to see my parents fight and all so I tried to talk them into getting back together, but they ended up shipping my brother and I to my grandparents. Yep, I just love to play matchmaker.  Kidding.

So that is how Dylan and I ended up in front of our grandparents' beach house, luggage and all in each hand.

"Since when did they live on the beach?" Dylan asked in awe.

"Since they retired," I answered taking in my surroundings. It was a nice neighborhood. The beach was feet from the backyard and the air salty yet fresh. There were little kids playing in their yards and people playing in the water. Mostly everyone here was walking around in trunks and bikinis.

"Woah, would you look at that," Dylan whistled as this blond and red head in very revealing bikinis passed us. They checked Dylan out and gave him a wink as they strutted away. Dylan dropped his bag and took a step towards their way when granddad and grandma stepped out of their house.

"Oh my babies! You're all grown up!" grandma squealed. She gave me and Dylan a huge hug and granddad did the same.

The boys carried the luggages in the house and I tried to help but grandma pulled me along with her. I dropped the bag I had in my hand on Dylan's foot by accident. He hissed in pain and gave me this warning look while I smiled apologetically at him. I let grandma pull me in the kitchen to escape from Dylan's glare but not before hearing granddad's advice.

"Stop limping, boy, and stand up straight like a man," he told Dylan as he handed him more bags. I giggled and grandma smiled.

"You're a lady so come help me in the kitchen. We'll fix us a snack, you children tell us how you've been, and then we'll leave you alone. Isn't that what teenagers want these days?" grandma asked.

"Well I was just going to fix up my room later then take a walk on the beach," I told her.

"That's fine honey. Just tell me whenever your going out so I don't worry," she said. I helped her with the snacks and we all ate. After I ate I went up to my room where all of my bags were.

I was in the middle of changing in a white summer dress when Dylan walks in the room and plopped down on my bed.

"Dylan! Get out!" I yelled at him, using the dress to cover my chest. He just rolled his eyes at me.

"Please," he scoffed. "I used to change your diaper when we were younger."

"We're a year and a half apart! What are you talking about?!" I asked, my face turning red by the second.

"Okay that's a lie, but we did used to take baths together," he stated.

"That's different. We went through changes now," I said still holding the dress to my chest.

"Whatever," he said laying on my bed and texting on his phone.

I humphed at him and quickly put the dress on. After I slipped it on I saw him looking at me.

"What?" I asked.

"What do you need a lacy bra for?" he asked raising one of his eyebrows. I blushed again and looked away.