Chapter 1 ~Tyler's POV~

‼️DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. PLEASE PROCEED WITH CAUTION‼️
👆👆IMAGE: TYLER ANDERSON

I woke up with a groan as I heard the loud ringtone of my phone. Ugh. I reached around my bed for my iPhone 7, pulling it from under my head and opening my eyes only to see my best friend calling. I sighed and clicked the green button, accepting the call.

"What is it Ash?" I spoke into the phone, my voice raspy from just being awake.

"Heyy bro!" I winced at his loud voice, moving the phone from my ears slightly. What could possibly make a person be this excited at 7:30 on a Monday morning? "Don't tell me you just woke up. It's the first day of senior year!"

I groaned pulling the pillow over my head. "Don't remind me."

"Come on, dude!" He yelled again, more urgently this time. "Get your butt out of bed. Your picking me up, remember?"

"Ok ok fine I'm up." I replied moving the pillow from my face and sat upright in my bed. "I'll be over in 15. Promise"

After he hung up I threw my phone on the bed and sighed. I took a deep breath before stepping out of my blanket and walking over to my dresser to give myself a decent look in the wide mirror. Sexy, as always. My long brunette hair and brown sparkling eyes. Being the most popular boy in school meant I had to take care of my self. Hygiene and self care was a requirement to look and stay attractive.

With the limited time I had, I managed to shower and pulled on a pair of black pants with a plain white t-shirt. I played around in my hair until it looked decent and then grabbed my backpack and car keys.

As I was about to open my bedroom door, I looked down at my outfit for the hundredth time, biting my lip nervously. I felt the familiar bundle of nerves entering my lower stomach and my fingers shaking slightly.

Deep breaths, Tyler. Keep it simple.

I slowly turned the knob, careful not to make too much noise. I peeked my head out first making sure the short hallway was clear before stepping out and tip toeing as quietly as I could to the kitchen, hopeful to make it to there unnoticed.

But unfortunately for me, hope wasn't a big thing in this damn house.
⚠️ ⚠️

"Where the hell do you think you're going?!" I froze at the harsh tone coming from behind me. I swallowed turning around to face my father.

I opened my mouth once before closing it back. He took an uneven step to me, making it clear he was drunk.

At 7:30 on a Monday morning, my father was drunk out of his mind.

"Uh, I-I have school.." I stuttered, anxiety evident in my voice. "Today is um...first day...of school.."

He stared at me, disgust written all over his features. He held up a finger pointing while staggering closer. Every step made me heart sink further down into my stomach.

Deep breaths, Tyler.

As he moved closer to me I held my breath, feeling my knees getting weak below me. He stopped a few inches away and I looked up at him, fear coursing through my veins.

"You...you are such a fucking disappointment!"

He shouted in my face, his breath a strong scent of Whiskey. I opened my mouth, but before I could let out a sound I felt a harsh sting across my face.

"Oww!" I held my cheek backing away from him as far as possible. I looked back at him tears blurring my vision.

"Get the hell outta here!" He waved his hand to the door carelessly. I didn't need to be told twice. I quickly turned grabbing the door knob and ran out the house slamming the door behind me. I walked briskly to my car, wiping the tears from my cheeks.

He hit me. Of course he did, that drunk bastard. I hate my life. I HATE it!

I got in my blue Toyota, the one my mother left behind. I miss her so much. I threw my bag in the backseat and placed my head down on the steering wheel, and begin attempting slow my breathing. Everything will be ok, Tyler. Just gotta get through the day.

After a few minutes I sat up sighing and strapped on my seatbelt and begin the 10 minute drive to Asher's house. He's the only person at Oak Hill high that I consider my best friend. We met in eighth grade when he transferred over to my school and we've stuck together since. He's an idiot; sometimes you'd think he lives under a freaking rock. But his intentions are almost always pure. Almost. And plus, we tolerate each other.

I pulled into his driveway and heard him yell goodbye to his mom before running out to my car and jumping into the passenger seat grinning. "Hey dude! I thought I'd have to come over there and drag you out bed myself!"

I laughed rolling my eyes. "Shut up, Ash."

He looked over at me for a minute and I saw his smile fade into a frown. "What happened to your face?"

Oh shit. "Um..I-I was tired and ran into a wall this morning." I closed my eyes. God, what kind of pathetic excuse is that?

"Oh.." He stared at me for a few seconds before he burst out laughing. "That sucks dude!"

See what I mean? I wouldn't put it past him to believe a dumb excuse like the one I just gave. I sighed rolling my eyes and pulled out of his driveway and started to our high school.

First chapter end! Leave a comment to lemme know what you think? Feel free to leave any questions, comments and/or concerns. I would greatly appreciate them!
I'm also thinking about dedicating chapters to users so if you'd like a dedication, leave a follow and vote and I'll make it happen. I'm working on chapter 2 right now so stay tuned and thank you for reading! ❤️