Chapter 5- El Fin

authors note- this chapter is from the pov of Hannah's brother and takes place at the same time as the previous two chapters

I'm broken. Yeah, Lilly could be a bit annoying, but she was a sweet girl and Hannah's best friend. I feel horrible for Hannah. We've always been pretty tight, this must have hit her pretty hard. 

When we get home from the funeral, I go to the living room to watch TV and take my mind off things. I flick through channels, but nothing satisfies me. I finally settle on Iron Chef, I love food. Speaking of food, I see Hannah practically drag herself into the kitchen to toast some garlic bread. I ignore her and focus on the TV. Bobby Flay won the appetizer course. Suddenly I hear a loud thump come from the hallway. 

"Hannah, was that you??" I call out. No answer.

"Hannah?!" I try again but to no avail. I turn off the TV and walk through the kitchen. A gasp escaped my lips. Hannah is lying knocked out on the floor. I stand in shock for a few seconds, before snapping out of it and running to her.

"Hannah!" I shake her.

"HANNAH!" I check for her pulse to find none. She's dead.

"OH MY GOD DAD!" I scream at the top of my lungs, "DAD!" He doesn't answer either. I'm panicking. I can't breathe. This can't be real. 

"Dad!" I shout again. Where is he? I don't want to leave Hannah, but I see the light on in Hannah's room. I go to check but stop in the doorway when I see a figure on her bed. My heart sinks into my stomach. No no no. Absolutely not. I must be dreaming. I have to be dreaming. This can't be real. 

But it is. Dad is lying motionless on Hannah's bed. Just to be sure, I check his pulse. Nothing. I start crying. Weeping. Bawling. The initial shock of seeing them dead completely gone. There's a candle lit of the bedside table and in Dad's hands an unopened envelope. I take it from his cold hands. 

Maybe this is what killed him. I attempt to open it, but I fail. I start to see spots but think nothing of it. I try opening it again. No result. My vision gets a bit cloudy, but I proceed on. The third time's the charm as I pry the envelope open. Inside is a letter. I unfold it and it's empty except for one word:

"Goodbye."

 Suddenly the world starts spinning and I can't remember where I am. The spots get bigger and bigger until they take over my vision. The world stops spinning and goes black.