3: A call and a few new people

My phone is rigging on the bed stand next to me. I pick up the phone and see that it's Kolivan. I almost immediately picked up the phone. I see Kolivan's face pop up on my phone.

"Hello, little cub," Kolivan greets me as I smile from the nickname.

"Hello, Kolivan," I say back.

"I'm sure that you have heard that I'll be visiting in a few days," I nod remembering Allura's warning. "I just wanted to inform you that I'll be bringing two comrades with me. A female about your age, she is one of our to fighters. Her name is Skye, she's a little shorter than you I think. I'm also bringing a male around Shiro's age, he's about the height as me, just a little shorter. His name is Caden, he is Skye's older brother and another one of our top warriors. We rescued them from a planet when Caden was just about seven and Skye was not even one yet. I think you'll get along quite nicely with each other," Kolivan says with a warm smile on his face.

"They sound quite interesting. I can't wait to meet them, " I say with a small smile. They sound like badasses. I wondered if the girl my age was cute. Would her brother kill me if I flirted with her? Porabaly.

"I wanted to let you know that I've told them to watch you. I just had to tell you that so you'll know why they are watching you, but they will be watching the others just as much. I also told them what had happened to your three months ago. I'm sorry if you didn't want me to tell them, but I kinda had to," Kolivan has an unsure expression on his face, probably nervous for my reaction.

"It's alright. I understand where you were coming from," I say while maintaining a small smile on my face.

"Thank you," he says and I nod, "anyway, I wanted to inform you of a few things about what we are going to be doing on his mission. I didn't really tell the princess too much of what we are going to be doing. I'm going to tell you though, since I trust you more than her. We are going to be collecting information from a Galran base that is on an old planet. The planet is mostly water with very few patches of land. The base is located under water, so you'll need to wear face covers to get into the base. I currently plan for you, Skye, Pidge and myself to go into the case and for the rest to stay on the outside fighting off the water defenses and forces it'll be sent out. You and Skye shall be a team and Pidge and I shall also be one. Is there something you want to add prior to the meeting?" Kolivan asks me after telling me what he has so far.

"What if we bring Hunk with us? He is a lot better at fighting in person than from his lion. Plus he is more comfortable fighting alongside people and in the lions, so he is more confident and more beneficial on the ground. Hunk should go with you and Pidge since he is a good person for cover fire. And if what you tell me is true, then Skye and I can hold our own," I say in a low but confident tone.

"Thank you. I will be sure to add that to the plan that'll percent at the meeting. Changing the topic, how are you doing?" He asks in a warm voice that he reserved for only the people he truly trusts and likes.

"I'm doing good. We had a successful mission a few days ago. It went really smoothly. I took down some fighter pilots with Keith. I also made it onto the ship with Pidge and Shiro, we gathered some information that Pidge hopes will lead to her finding her brother and Father. I hope she finds them soon," I say knowing that most of what I just said was a lie. The mission hadn't gone smoothly and I don't really want her to find her brother and father. I mean why should she? She doesn't deserve to find them after everything she's done to me. No, wait, I shouldn't be so selfish. She deserves to find her family just like anyone else on this ship should. I don't voice any of this though. "How are things going back at the base?" I ask to change the subject off me.

"Things are good. We've taken out a good amount of fleets in the past month. I've had multiple successful missions that gathered intel on the Galar's movements. I have a few new spys on the inside as well that are doing just fine," as he says that last part, I couldn't help but think of a Hamilton song.