Chapter 7

Alyssa's Point of View 

***

I vaguely remember the feeling of floating and warmth. Two days ago, when I fell asleep while movie marathon, that was the day when I felt the warmth and the hazy memory of being carried by the same tepid feeling. I swear it felt real, but the consequences of me having that dream seems real too. This dream or reality is messing up with my head.

I close my laptop on which I was trying to work but my fingers seem to have paralyzed and my mind going back to that event. I folded my hands on the counter and rest my head on them. I think I will go to the nursery today, maybe this will help me forget what I dreamt or felt two nights ago.

"Good morning, Ally." I felt her pat my hair and make her way into the kitchen. I was seating on the stool attached to the counter that separated the kitchen from the rest of the space.

"Good morning." It came out muffled as I spoke with my head still on my hands , knowing she won't be able to hear me.

"What did you make for breakfast?" She asks me from the other side of the counter.

"I don't feel like making anything." I say to her, I raise my head and rested my chin on my hands, so I could look at her messy self in the morning. She looks adorable in her boxers and over-sized t-shirt.

"Cereal it is." She says, giving me a lazy smile. "What are you dressed up all about?" She asks, while rumbling through the cupboards.

"I was thinking of going-" I was cut off when, the door of our house burst open and in comes the most annoying creature.

"Good Morning, neighbors." He says with so much energy in his voice, it's weirdly contagious.

"Don't be so bright, this early in the morning, Aaron." Eve says annoyed. And here I thought his energy was contagious. Eve can never ever be a morning person.

"Why are you even here? We didn't invite you." I ask to him, as I open my laptop and started typing.

"Oh, I know you didn't, your door was open so I just invited myself." I look at him confused, clearly remembering that I did looked the door last night.

"Oh, I must have forgotten to lock it after coming back from my run." Haven says as she pours herself a cereal.

"You went out for a run. When?"

"Is that what you are eating?" Both of us simultaneously ask her. We both look at each other before quickly breaking eye contact and looking away.

"I woke up when you were 'quietly' moving stuff in your room and decided to go for a run as I know I wouldn't get any peace. And yes, I am eating this because I can't cook and she doesn't want to cook." She says nodding her head towards my direction.

"Okay." He says and moves towards the fridge and takes out different ingredients.

"Um, excuse me what are you trying to do?" I ask him

"I am making you guys a good hot meal." He answers whilst rummaging through the fridge and taking out some tomatoes.

"We didn't ask you to make us a meal." Says Eve, whilst shipping her coffee. She looks at me, her eyes and facial expression clearly communicate with me.

What the hell is going on here?

How would I know? I clearly think he has gone insane. I just shake my head and turn my focus back to my laptop screen. I need to find a nursery which have different type of indoor plants. I also need to find plants with some health benefits. I am focused on my work whilst the two other people are having a conversation.