Prologue

Prologue

Many years ago mermaids had the ability to leave and enter water whenever they pleased, they had the right to be on land without being monitored or timed or even charged. That all changed when Neptune's daughter was born; any mermaid who wished to go onto human land must pay a fee of 1,450€. He ensured that only the rich can go through or the poor that wasted their money to see land. The night his daughter was born another mermaid was born as well, her name was Avalon but she was born different from all the mermaids; Avalon was born a siren, sirens are a type of mermaids which are very rare and are said to be one of the most beautiful creatures to ever live. Sirens are extremely beautiful and can attract any male which was why they were usually banished from the kingdom or forced to live on land or even forced to work as servants for the King so that males would only be attracted to his daughter. Avalon was forced to become a servant because she attracted too much attention and the King didn't like it when other girls got more attention than his daughter, Vienna. At the age of 9, Avalon was raped by a guardsman who was attracted to her; afterwards her mother seeked the help of three powerful witches. The witches casted a spell to protect the young siren; any man with bad intentions who came near her will fall to their knees in pain. One of the three witches moved to land when she learned of the young girls wish to see the land, while the other stayed and protected her and help raise the money needed for the trip.

------------------------------------------------

I hope you guys enjoyed the prologue and I hope you'll like the rest of the story.