Chapter 3

I almost didn’t post today...I’m completely frozen right now….I hope you enjoy this chapter...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3

“Sorry ‘bout that, he stopped listening to me ever since his mother died.”He said with a sad smile.

“Your wife?” I asked slowly, looking up to meet his eyes with a small smile of my own. I had to admit he was attractive but all wolves are. I also knew he meant no harm because he would have fallen out of pain since he was really close to me.

“Um yea. Come on Nyko.” He said trying to grab the kid from my legs, however, he just wrapped his hands tighter around my legs.

“How about I walk with you to your place, since it looks like someone doesn’t want to let go.” I was a bit nervous but if I went to his place that meant I could get the flower that Zelena needs.

“Um sure I guess but um I have to warn you I live with a lot of other people. I um I live in a tribe, where I guard my fellow people and um we sort have like a king who’s in charge of a whole bunch of different tribes. I so happen to live in the one where he rules most so yea um I don’t know if he’ll like the company or not.” He was combing his hair nervously with his fingers, and I all I can think about is not another king.

“I don’t mind. I’m use to monarchies, as long as the King can keep his distance. I have a bad history with royalty. Besides all that, I would love to come and hang out with Nyko and you, by the way what exactly is your name?” I said after realizing that I still haven’t figure out who he was. So he’s a guard? Maybe I can get him to sneak me some flowers? No nevermind….ugh I hate talking to myself.

“Sorry ‘bout that, I’m James, Guard of the WinterMoon Pa-I mean Tribe.” I nodded and tilted my head in a way of telling him to lead the way. As he started to walk I grabbed Nyko and hoisted him up, slowly rushing to keep up with James. He looked back to make sure I was following him and not just kidnapping his son. I obviously knew he meant no harm but of course since he doesn’t have that ability like me, he’s still a little weary about me being around his son and his pack. “What’s your name.”

“I’m Avalon.”

*****

“...You say I'm crazy

'Cause you don't think I know what you've done

But when you call me baby

I know I'm not the only one

I have loved you for many years

Maybe I am just not enough

You've made me realize my deepest fear

By lying and tearing us up-”

“You have an amazing voice, please don’t offense but you sing as though as a loved one betrayed you.” He said interrupting me singing a song to Nyko.