Chapter 1

Chapter 1

“Avalon, dear, its time to get up now.”

“Ugh...I was up all night watching the humans and how much fun they were having.” I said as I slowly arose from my shell.

“Sweetie, you knew how today was going to be a busy day.”

“I know, mom.”

“Good. Now go talk to Nevaeh and Assia about how many euros you need to make the trip to the land so that way we know if we’re getting closer.”

“Hehehe okay.” I giggled with so much excitement that I can practically feel her smile as I turned away from. I slowly swam out of my room, passing my fingers through my hair detangling all of its knots and making sure I looked presentable just in case I saw someone in my journey that might report me to the King or worse the King himself. As I swam through the corridor I couldn’t help but smile knowing I was near the amount needed to go onto human lands and the bonus was I could stay there for a whole month.

“Hey beautiful.” Two blonde beauties, Nevaeh and Assia, said as soon as they saw me in the corridor.

“Hey guys, were you guys using your witch powers to know if I was coming?”

“Oh sweetie, we don’t need them. You always come to see if your close to your trip.” Nevaeh responded with a smirk.

“Hehehe yea. So… how much do I have?”

“You have 1,250€, so you need 200€ to be able to go on your trip to the human lands.” Said Assia trying hide her excitement.

“Seriously! I’m so close.”

“Actually we’ve been planning this for a while now and we were able to pawn a couple of things we own, so you can actually go now because including the money we just got your total is now 1,550€!”

“I love you guys so much!”

*****

As I start packing, I can’t help but wonder how things are going to be and how amazing everything is and how amazing Nevaeh and Assia are.

“Okay so Zelena will be waiting for you when you enter the human land. We already told her about everything and she’s ready for your arrival. She will be casting a spell on you to let you know if the person you are talking is a human, a werewolf, a vampire or any other land creature that inhabits the area. Do you remember everything we taught you about those creatures?”

“Yes, Assia, I remember everything.” I said giving her a skeptical look, I mean come on she keeps repeating herself everytime I talk to her.

*****

I swam through the corridor with my bag, mentally preparing myself to talk to Neptune when all of suddenly I felt something poking me. I turned around to see my best friend Belle, she was also a siren forced to work for the king, standing there with a huge smile on her face and I knew she had found out.

“You have to come back, okay? You can’t stay, you can’t pull a Jace and Kyle.” I can tell she was being serious and I knew how much the whole situation affects her. Belle and I were friends with these two sirens named Jace and Kyle they were both really talented and when they both raised enough money to go on land they became famous in the human world and never came back. They were considered to be the lucky ones, two of the very few sirens who were able to escape Neptunes grasp.

“Trust me, I’m not going to stay. You have nothing to worry about love, you know I will always come back to you. Also if anything I’ll come back and take you with me.”

“Go have fun on land but not too much because remember you’re leaving me behind.” She said pouting while pushing her blonde hair in front to try hide the fact that she was about to start smiling.

“What can I do for you two?” I heard a booming voice behind me say and that’s when I realized I was so distracted by Belle that I didn’t realize we were already at Neptunes throne room.

“I-I wo-would like to go onto human lands.” I said stuttering my words in fear that he was going to reject me even though I had the money for the trip.

“Is that so? You do realize you have to pay or do you believe that its just a free trip for sirens?” He said so fiercely, I can feel Belle shaking behind me but all he managed to do was make me angry.

“I have all the money with me.” I said while taking out the bag filled with euros and tossed it on the table and with a smirk I said, “I even put a little extra.” I watched him get up giving me a look that said to watch my tone but I didn’t really care anymore.

“Alright then, Miss Avalon, daughter of Irina, follow me.” I don’t get why he mentioned my mother but I didn’t really bother posing my question since I knew he didn’t want to hear it. I stood in front a large glass, I watched as he moved his trident in swirls and all of sudden I was being surrounded by water it sort of felt like I was being suffocated. I started spinning and all the faces that were in the room started to blur and it was almost like I was being vacuumed out of the room. All of sudden everything started to get all dark Did I hit my head or something I said to myself while slowly hoping I didn’t.

*****

I slowly arose to the blinding sun in my face and the sand making my feet itchy. I looked around and I saw people walking around and playing games, they just looked like they were having so much fun.

“Welcome dear, it’s nice to finally have you here.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed this first chapter….