2

Soph got up early in the morning for her morning run.  She put on short leggings, a white shirt and gray sneakers. Avery woke up from the noise Soph made because she couldn't find her rubber band.

- Would you really leave without me?

Avery said with grumpy voice.

- Well, you slept deep and I didn't want to wake you up.

- All right, will you wait for me?

- I will.

She got dressed and they left. Although it was early, it was warm and the sun was shining. After the long run they came home and sat on the couch tired, as if they had been running all day.

- How are you - Avery asked, taking off her tank top.

- Sweaty, as you can see.

- I see. If your legs start to hurt tell me.  I have pills for the pain.

Soph was surprised at how worried Avery was about her.  She didn't know what she would do if she wasn't in her life.

- Thank you- she said- At such moments, everyone needs someone like you.

- You remember what I told you yesterday, right?  Know that it will always gonna be like this.

They spent the rest of the day watching TV and tiktoks. It was a Friday and they usually eat pizza.  As they ate, Soph's phone rang.  It was her mother.

- Hello, mom, how are you?

- Sophia honey, we are fine, how are you, do you like the new place, have you met anyone.

- Yes mom, I really like it.  I haven't met anyone yet, I've been here for two days...

- What about me? - Avery said, laughing.

- Who is this- Her mother asked.

- This is Avery.  The girl I told you about some time ago.

- So you are not alone now?

- I'm not for now.  But we don't know when she will leave.

- Okay, and beware.

- Okay mom. Bye

- Bye.

- So you told your mother about me- Avery said

- Yes, she wanted to know who I was talking to so much.

After their small conversation, Soph was tired and decided to go to bed. After a while, Avery went to her and lay down. She turned to face her and looked at her. She still don't know how she had such a wonderful and good person in her life.