Chapter 2

"Calum, what are we ever going to do without Meg?" Isabelle whispered before the service started, with her big brown eyes locked on his. "I I... I don't know." He forced a smile. "Megan was the one with the good ideas, remember?" Isabelle's eyes started to well up, then stopped when she saw the entrance of a tall figure in a Melton jacket. She instead rolled her eyes and poked Calum. "Guess who decided to show up." Isabelle asked sarcastically. Calum snorted. "I don't know. Maybe it's.... Megan's boyfriend!" Calum gasped in mock surprise. Indeed Megan's boyfriend of 2 years, Austin Donoho, had finally showed up to his girlfriends funeral. Well it was true Megan and Austin didn't have the most loving relationship in the world, it was almost required of a couple to to both be present at ones special events. It's kinda the relationship code, and Austin almost always broke it.

Austin's eyes fell onto Isabelle and Calum as he scanned the room for a seat. He waved then started to walk towards them.
Not once did he go see the casket.
Not once did he say once last say 'I love you'.
Not once did he shed a tear.
Not once did he give his sympathy to the Debruijn's.
Not once did he acknowledge that he was at a funeral.
His girlfriends funeral.
Not once.
He just sat beside Isabelle and gave her a wry smile. "This blows". He whispered, "wanna ditch? I got a tank full of gas a six pack of beer in the trunk". He didn't say "sorry for your lost".
Or "I don't know how I'm going to live".
Not even, "damn I miss Debruijn". Instead he hits on his deceased girlfriend's Best friend.
Ouch.