Chapter 2

How could he? Just turn up and expect everything to suddenly be back to normal. He hurt me. It was like soneone digged a hole in my heart and twisted the knife. The fact that, I loved him, and he hurt me me. Rhydian lost his chance when he left, without saying goodbye. I was meant to be his best friend.

"Heyyyy." I am spun around by Dean. He backs me up onto a wall, looking straight at me. "You okay?"

I smile. The fake smile upon my mask, that everybody knows. "Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"

His gaze stays on me. Burning down, I feel trapped "Because a certain someone came back."

"Look Dean. I don't care about him, not anymore. I'm over him. Now I need to do something." I push past him.

"Ohhhh." Quickly I turn around and see Jimmy sneering in the corner.

"Oh shut up!" He holds his hands up as I leave.

I had to get away, for a bit at least. So I did what I knew best. I ran. Through the field, past the fence, into the woods. I let my legs carry. The wind flow through my hair. Nature surround me. I wasn't lost Maddy anymore, I wasn't cool Maddy either, I was just me.

Eventually, I stopped running. Near a stream I lay down. Looking up to the sky I remeber my pack. I remeber him. 'No!' I told myself 'He left you!' I had tried so hard to forget him, and I was doing so well. I had changed in order to forget him, to gorfet the past.