CHAPTER 1

୧‿̩͙ ˖︵ ꕀ⠀ ♱⠀ ꕀ ︵˖ ‿̩͙୨

Sister knelt in the front pew, her rosary beads slipping through her fingers as she whispered the concluding prayers.
The chapel was hushed, filled only with the soft murmur of her voice and the gentle flicker of candlelight.

"Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness, and our hope. To thee do we cry... show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary."

She paused for a moment, then continued

"Pray for us, O holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ. Let us pray... the most holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary...through the same Christ our Lord. Amen."

Sister rose to her feet, a sense of peace and purpose settling over her. She moved towards the chapel doors, the heavy wood creaking slightly as she pushed them open.
The cool night air greeted her as she stepped outside, drawing a deep breath.

The peace of the chapel lingered in her heart, but as her eyes adjusted to the dim light, she noticed a figure waiting for her under the soft glow of the lantern.
It was her friend and confidante, standing with an air of urgency that immediately put Sister on alert.

"Sister Nayeon" Sister greeted softly, her curiosity piqued. "What brings you here at this hour?"

Sister Nayeon stepped closer, her voice a low whisper. "Sister Mina, we need to talk. Something important is happening tonight, something we can't ignore."

Sister Mina felt her heartbeat quicken, sensing the gravity in Sister Nayeon's tone. "What is it?" she asked, striving to keep her voice steady.

Sister Nayeon glanced around, ensuring they were alone. "Meet me in the garden, by the old oak tree. It's too risky to talk here."

Without hesitation, Sister Mina nodded, and the two of them moved silently through the shadowed paths of the convent garden.
The moonlight cast eerie shadows on the ground, adding to the sense of anticipation and unease.

As they reached the old oak tree, Sister Nayeon turned to Sister Mina, her expression serious. "There's a mission I've been given, something that requires both of us. It concerns the safety of the convent."

Sister Mina's mind raced, but she kept her focus on Sister Nayeon, ready to face whatever revelation her friend was about to share. "Tell me, Sister Nayeon. What is this mission?"

Sister Nayeon took a deep breath, her voice trembling slightly. "I discovered documents hidden in the old library. They talk about a hidden treasure, something the convent has been protecting for centuries. Our mission is to secure it and ensure it doesn't fall into the wrong hands. Someone else knows about it, and they're planning to take it."

Sister Mina felt a chill run down her spine. "Who? Do you know who it is?"

Sister Nayeon shook her head. "Not yet, but we need to find out. We have to protect it, Sister Mina. It's part of our heritage, our duty."

Sister Mina nodded, a sense of determination solidifying within her. "We'll figure this out together, Sister Nayeon."