One World

*Bites sandwich* chew number one, chew number two, chew number three.... *swallow* My name is Macy. I'm in the M category. I used to live in a world with color and fun. It was filled with personality and...differences. However, it became too much. The world became overtaken and it drastically changed. If they knew what I was doing, I'd be taken into solitary until I rot and die. But that's just why they can never find out. Every morning we are forced to wake up at the exact rise of sunlight. If you don't wake up at the same time as everyone else, you are considered different. That means your body "isn't right" and the drugs they stuff you with aren't working. They take you into examination and if they fail to "fix you" you are killed. I may not be different, but I don't follow the rules. Whenever I am about to be given drugs from a needle, I switch out the medicine for water. If I have to take a pill I stick it in the back of my tongue. If it's liquid that I have to drink, I pour it out into a bag that is safely tucked in the back of my pants pocket. I practice each night making sure that I wake up at the same time as my parents. There are cameras all over. For the past few meal times I've been stealing food that has been kept by the government because if you don't drug yourself like you are told, the amount of food you get will not satisfy you and you'll probably end up starving to death. That's what happened to 12 year old Daniel Demizia. No one knew he wasn't taking his medicine. No one knew he was breaking protocol. Not until he was tested and died of malnourishment. But I'm to smart for that. I will not stop until I am satisfied with what I make of the world, and who knows how long that could take.