Chapter 2 The perilous present

Later that evening, Scourge was opening presents in his and Sonic's room. From Sonic, he got a golden, heart-shaped locket, from Amy, he got a nightlight that glowed blue, from Serena, he got a handmade red blanket, with black stars all over it.
"Well," Sonic said once all the presents were opened, "That looks to be all of them."
"But-" Scourge stammered slightly, "But what about Fi and Rouge?" Tears came to his eyes and, before he could stop himself, he broke. He was sobbing so much, it seemed like the bedroom would flood. That is, until Serena pulled out a present and a card. Scourge stopped crying and looked at the items curiously. Then, filled with excitement, he tore away at the wrapping paper. He froze when he saw his 'present'. They were two dolls—one of a red fox with a yellow ribbon, the other of a white bat with black wings. Both were wearing a yellow dress and pink cardie... and both had the deep red buttons which haunted his nightmares. As an instant reaction, Scourge hid his face in Serena's chest and started to sob, he had had nightmares about the demon returning.
"I'll just go clean your room, Scourge." Amy said with a nervous laugh and left the room.
"W-What does the card say?" Serena asked while rocking her daddy. With shaky hands, Sonic opened the card and read:

'Dear Scourge,
You didn't think you could get away so easily, did you? It took me a decade, but now I have your big sisters in my world with me. If you want to see them both again, then come back to me, my boy. You know where to find me. Happy birthday, my baby.
Love you now and always, Daddy Fleetway.'