Chapter One: Can I Go With You?

 Calypso's POV

“The war is near, I need to go you know this day will come.’’

“But how about our daughter, don’t you love us?”

“I love you both I really do; you need to understand this is my responsibility.”

“Aren’t us is your responsibility too?”

My mom and dad they are always talking about the war. But I can’t understand what war? Everything is so confusing. My daddy his packing his suit case …

“Dad where are you going, are you leaving us?”

“No honey I’ll just be gone for a while.”

“When will you come back?”

“I’ll be back I promise.” In addition, he kissed me on the cheek.

The winter came, the summer passed and the leaves begin to fall but my daddy…

I am still waiting for him, he promised and my dad never broke his promise.

“Mom please answers? Dad will come home right?” She just stared at me but never speak.

“Mom he’ll come back right? I will be waiting for him, he promised.” My voice is shaking and my tears are slowly falling. My lips they are trembling. Then my mom finally looked at me and cupped my face.

“Honey he leaved us, he will never came back… I’m so sorry.” She wiped the tears that are falling. I saw her eyes start to water and look away from me and told me to go to my room and sleep. Therefore, I do what is told and drift to sleep.

The sun is shining from my window as I woke up and back to reality I dreamed of it again my past, my childhood, my mom and dad.

And I hated it!!! I do not want to go back and feel the emptiness and the pain that caused me; I love them and still manage to leave me.

 AN: Calypso on the side  :)