Chapter Two: Blank Space

I heard a sound of an engine entering my open gates. From a normal person this place looks like a paradise. A land with only a billionaire can afford, in the middle of nowhere a big mansion with a garden maze, a place where you can go horseback riding and a gigantic swimming pool like in Olympics. A knock from my front door brought me back as I started walking down my mansion’s staircase. As I open the door, a sweet smile is plastered on my face.

“Hello what can I do for you?” I asked the stranger.

“I was lost; may I know where I am?”

“You’re here at my mansion in the middle of nowhere.”

“Come again?”

“You’re here at my mansion in the middle of nowhere.”

“In the middle of nowhere, I’ve never heard of such place.” He said looking at me intently; examining me.

“Would you like to come in?” I asked as I saw his eyes shine.

“Would you be that kind?” Still look at me in the eye.

 I open the door slightly just enough to let him in. “Sure, no problem.”

His jaw hit the floor by the way he let his eyes scan my place. I give him a questioning look.

“What’s wrong?

“You’re place full of gold, is this even possible or just plated?” He asked.

“No darling! They’re not plated and yes it is possible for I’m a witch.”

“You’re kidding right?? Witch? There is no such thing they were just legends without scientific basis.”

“Sorry to burst you’re bubble but we exists pardon me, but I can offer you everything you want.”

“By everything I want what do you mean?” I started to walk my way to the sofa and tap the space near me, gesturing him to sit.

“Come sit with me and talk about it.”

“Okay what do you mean by everything?”

“I could give material things, anything you want and even my love.” As the last word escaped my lips his eyes shine bright like I said something miraculous.

“Are you serious with what are you saying?

“Yes, I am so what do you think?”

“Wait what’s the catch, you said you’re a witch right?”

“Yes, there’s always a catch but it’s just as simple as living with me here that’s all.”

“Okay but how long?”

“Long as you wouldlove to stay here.”

“Okay deal” He said and I clapped my hands, a contract appeared on the palm of my hand with a knife. I handed it to him, so he could sign it.

“Sorry for being rude but you’re name?” I asked him.

"I’m Stephen and you?"

"Nice to meet you Stephen my name is Calypso, but you can call me Caly andplease sign the contract."

I give him the knife and he looked at me with a questioning look…

"Oh I forgot to tell you, thumb mark of your blood will do, for signing the contract."

"Is this really necessary?"

"Yes it is, this is how we do business in our world my dear."

So he took the knife and cut his finger and made a thumb mark on the contract. And again I clapped my hand and the contract disappeared on the thin air…

“Welcome to my chamber Stephen enjoy, while it lasts…” I whisper to myself.