Before Regretting You

Prologue

February 14,2020
It was just like any other evening, only more romantic. It was Valentines Day after all.

I was on my way home when something strange caught my eye.

It was at that exact moment I knew I would regret you.

Valentine's Day
3 Years Ago

"Dad?! Daaad?! Have you seen my keys?" I shouted.

"No. It's probably still in the place where you last left it honey." Dad calmly answered.

"Thanks, that sure is helpful Dad." The old man just smiled and came closer to his daughter holding out the missing car keys. "Here you go. Next time, make sure its your eyes that are looking and not your mouth doing the talking."

Relieved, I went to kiss his cheek and smirked. "You're the best. See yah."

I slowly walked to my car, not really excited of the business ahead of me today. I work in a gift shop/ flower shop with my mom's sister Amelie. I have been helping her out since I was 16 and I love the job. I enjoy arrangements and turning simple things to magical creations- though I don't believe in magic at all.

Creating something beautiful from scratch makes me feel good and keeps me excited everyday. Ever since my mom left when I was 14, I started to find a way to mask the pain and let my mind flew some place else.

Being in Baskets n' Blooms gives me that comfort and peace which I couldn't somewhere else. I am just glad that Dad lets me work here despite what happen to him and Mom.

I always thought they were the sweetest couple in the world and that nothing or no one could break them apart. Mom was a talented performer, while Dad was a painter. They met in an arts school in Boston.

Dad saw mom busking on a corner of the street, few blocks away from school and he immediately fell inlove. Mom loved him too, but I guess it wasn't enough to make their relationship last.

We thought she was happy and contented. But deep down, she was still looking for a career break.

And just like that, 5 years ago, on Valentine's day, she left with another man. She thinks that that man was the key to fame and to her dreams.

Looking at the billboard on the street and thinking that maybe my Mom did the right thing because now she's famous. But is it all worth it, when you know you left your 3 children behind?