Trey

2 pm and I'm ready to leave and disappear from this place. Baskets n' Blooms is packed and I haven't even taken anything yet. My stomach is acting crazy like its about to explode.

"Eretria Brook Robins, please take your lunch already. I'll be fine here and Josie and Ellen are here to help me out. We'll get through the next hour without you." Aunt Amelie insisted.

"Really Aunt Amz, I am fine, but if you insist. Just call me when you need me, okay? I'll just go buy churros in the corner."

"Go! Hurry! Don't let me stop you."

Smiling from ear to ear, I left the shop and got myself some churros. After taking a big bite off of it, I sighed. Wow, its really crazy how much people can spend on Valentines Day. Flowers, chocolates, fancy gifts, exclusive restaurants, wow that must cost a lot of money. Money which I don't have and don't intend to spend on such things. I probably just buy some baking ingredients and VOILA, a nice delicious treat for dad and my two siblings- Erik and Emelia.

Erik, spelled with a K and not with a C, as he explicitly tells everybody, is a sophomore in my school. He loves playing the guitar and is a member of a local high school band. My younger sister Emelia, was only in 3rd grade when Mom left. Now, shes kickin ass in dancesports.

Me on the other hand, is a plain old grumpy lady, who is too busy to take care of herself. Plain- nothing special, untalented young lady, and not even that pretty. How unfair can the world be.

Ring...ring... ring... I immediately picked up my phone when it rang.
"Hey Jo. What's up?" I answered immediately.

"Hey why aren't you in calculus? You know I hate math. It's hard to get anything right." Jo or Jona, her best friend, who was always there to support her asked.

"I'm really sorry Jo, I put on some extra hours in Baskets n' Blooms. You know, a little extra for college."

"Yeah, I know. And I also know its been hard for you, but you can't just leave your grades behind."

"Yeah, but what's the point of having high grades, when you can't even afford college?"

"Well, that's a good point. I just thought, ahmmm you know-"

"You know what? I know you too well, so don't you dare hide something from me." I think I might know where this conversation is getting...

"You know, about your Mom. It's 2 years today since she left and I know, she'll be having a concert tonight in the Square. It must be really hard for you."she said in a voice of concern and care. Jo may be the rebel type, but when it comes to the people she cares about, she's as soft as a cotton candy.

"Yeah, I almost forgot about that though. I know she will be here tonight, but there's nothing I can say to her or hear from her that will ever change what I actually feel about her. She left us. If she only left dad, I would understand. But abandoning your kids for fame is never acceptable." I bit my lips to stop myself from crying. I thought I was already used to the pain, but there must be something about this day, Valentine's day, a day of love, that brings back all the pain and sad memories.

"Hey Jo, I need to go back to the shop. It's pretty busy out there. Call you later?"

"Okay. Just know that I'm here if you need me."

With a nod I ended the call and went back to the shop.