𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨: 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

( media above left to right : Althea, Venus )

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨: 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬
❝ 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨 𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙣 ❞

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨: 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 ❝ 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨 𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙣 ❞

  That beach party Sue talked about turned out to be a pretty big thing. It was gathering everyone who lived on the Reservation to celebrate the first day of what it seemed like a hot summer. Which is rare, considering where they lived. So it was a pretty big deal.

   "Is this dress too pretty?" Althea asked, walking into her daughter's room wearing a longish white floral dress. "I think it's too pretty. I don't want to seem like I'm some kind of home wrecker."

   Venus looked at her and surveyed her look. To be honest, anything her mother wore always made her look very pretty. And given the track record she has when it came to insecure women claiming that Althea was the one their pigs of husbands cheated with, she could see why her mother was very cautious. And Venus wished stuff like that didn't push her mom into worrying about what others might say about her appearance.

   It wasn't her fault that men could be pigs and it wasn't her fault that she was born this beautiful.

  "The dress is fine, mom." Venus reassured as she was placing on her pearl earrings. "You shouldn't worry about what others think, you know."

   "I know I just want to make a good impression on everyone." Althea said, walking back out. "I don't want someone's wife thinking I'm trying to steal her husband or whatever."

  "If they're insecure, that's their problem!" Venus called out, picking up her purse. "It's not your fault that you're gorgeous, mom. They shouldn't be insecure." 

  Althea smiled, leaning out of her room door. She swore that her daughter was becoming wiser than her as the day went by. And she couldn't help but feel proud. "Okay, Miss Philosophical, I'll wear the dress."

  Venus smiled, leaning on the threshold of her mother's bedroom door. their bedrooms were relatively close to each other. Just about two doors down. "Good, now we should head out. The sun is setting meaning the party started."

  "Before we leave, protection spell." Althea said, picking up her pink crystal necklace.

   Venus rolled her light emerald eyes, groaning. This was the worst part about her leaving the house. Althea would always make her do a protection spell on herself to 'protect her from evil and negativity' as she puts it. Every. Single. Time.