Chapter 6: Torment

Aside from the comeback of Exo, Baekhyun's birthday is also coming up. He still haven't came home yet since that night. He's been staying at the dorm with his fellow members. You understood he had to stay away from your house, but you can't deny the fact that you didn't like it. Selfish if selfish, but you wanted him for yourself. You no longer went to lunch dates nor called during the day and night. He even seldom calls you 'jagi' lately. You didn't question him about all of these, you trusted him because you loved him.

His birthday came up and you planned another surprise for him. This time it's simpler. You'll just visit him in their practice and bring him a cake. That's it. You went to the bakery and bought a cute cake manly enough for him then headed to the SM Building. You saw the exo members eating a cake happily. You were about to enter when you saw a girl feed Baekhyun a slice of cake. The scene made your heart ache. In surprise, you unconsciously dropped the cake then ran as quickly as you could. Exo is not deaf, they heard a little noise from outside their practice room. Xiumin went to check what was it but found no one. He was about to close the door when he saw a box on the floor. He took it and came back to his position. "Found this. Looks like someone wanted to give you another cake." He told Baekhyun. "Baekieee~ you said you'll only accept what I will give, right? Please don't accept that." The girl told Baekhyun with aegyo. "Ofcourse not jagi, I'll only acknowledge you." He said making the others uncomfortable with their public display of affection.

On the other hand, you ran away down to your car and drove the pain away. You cried as you headed straight back home. No one could ever ease the pain you brought to yourself. No, no one else is at fault but you. You were the one who fell for him, you were the one who broke the rule. To discipline yourself, you didn't find any alibi to escape the torment you're experiencing. You accepted it because you blamed yourself anyway. You thought of it as a lecture for yourself. Still, it hurts. The first man whom you loved was also the first man who broke and tore you apart.

Without any concrete reason, you hired a private investigator to further dig to his 'infidelity' to you. You wanted to know who that girl is and what her background is. You wanted to know how their story went. You had them tailed.

Because of the Sewol accident, Exo-K had some time to rest. Baekhyun had the time to finally go home. He did, he went home only for a night. You have prepared yourself to see him once again, this time without any emotions. "Hi jagi. I'm home." He said sweetly. You ignored him and just went upstairs. You can't do it. No matter how strong you are, you can't resist him. He's you're kryptonite. He makes you weak and you knew the only solution to stay alive is to avoid him. He saw you entered your room, not the masters' bedroom. He felt how cold you were acting towards him.

The night is already deep and your still awake, unable to sleep despite the lights switched off. You were just staring at the dark ceiling. Suddenly, you heard a creeping noise from outside your room. It was Baekhyun sneaking out of your house. You hid yourself as you tried to take a peek. You clearly saw how he went outside your house. You immediately got back to your room and took your phone. You called the private investigator and notified him that Baekhyun left the house. You commanded him to tail where he's going.

Morning came, it's not so glorious. You've never felt this stressed before. You came out of your room only to figure out that he too was just coming out at the same time as you did. He stopped to look at you bit before you could even fall for him again, you took your step going down the stairs. "Is there something wrong? You've been acting weird." His statement stopped you. He even had the nerve to ask. You wanted to talk back but you decided to keep your mouth shut. You want to hear a report from the investigator first before you start with the accusations. You continued walking and headed to the kitchen to get something to eat. After pulling out a tub of ice cream from the freezer, you went back to your room. Surprisingly, he was still where you left him. You ignored him and just passed by him. He tried to catch your wrist but he was unable to do so. You entered your room without looking at him. You spent the day all locked up inside your room, eating your depression away.

The time came that Baekhyun needs to go back to work. Before he left he knocked on your door. "Jagi, I'm leaving. Take care, ok? I love you." He said before he left the house. This made you cry. How can he still lie to you after everything? Is he trying to play wit you? Is he taking advantage of the ignorant you. Or maybe he loves you? Maybe he really loves you but in the end he loves someone else more? "Leave. Just leave. And never come back." You talked to no one as tears stream down your face. You wanted to throw all the things an to throw at tantrum just to release the stress within you. But you knew this wouldn't help you an inch, destroying furnitures can't compare to how destroyed you are.

You needed to be strong. You're always the one who's strong. In dramas, they always show how strong the protagonist is. But truth be told, your character, the antagonist, is much stronger than anyone else. Nothing in this world could compare to what you're going through and just because you're labeled as the bad person, people wouldn't be interested to look at the fragile part of you.

You called the private investigator to come over and report something to you. He came over after an hour with a brown envelope. He showed you what he witnessed last night. "He met a girl last night. It didn't take me a while to recognize the girl, she's famous. Another singer just like him. They had a car date." He said as he laid pictures of them on the table. You can almost cry but luckily, you've gotten strong enough. This evidence was enough to stop your delusional mind to think that he'll ever love you the same as he does to this girl. "They been in a relationship for quite some time. About four months. But before they became a couple, they already had a thing for each other. Like a mutual kind of understanding." He continued reporting to you. "Enough, it's enough." You said and you threw a white envelop on top of the pictures. "That's your pay. You can go now. I no longer need your service." You said. "But-" "go!" You commanded making him leave your house. All you wanted was to be alone.

When the investigator got through the gate, he encountered a pair of tabloid writers. "Hey! You! Who are you? What did you do inside that house?" They asked the private investigator. "Me? Nothing." Ha said. "Nothing my ass. You're up to something, aren't you? We saw Exo's Baekhyun go inside that house too. How are you related?" One writer asked. "Or maybe you know something the public doesn't know? Come on. Spill." The other one said as he stepped forward making the investigator step backwards. "Ok, I know something. I'll give you information. But you have to pay me. This is a big scoop." He said and the writers agreed.