Chapter 9-Changing Course

Aura had been talking with Ori for quite some time now,about an hour.The two talked about many things, from Niwen's past to Aura's childhood.At the current time,Aura was watching Ori handle their weapons outside the tree home."So Ori...what new abilities have you learned from using the brush?"Aura asked as she sat down in the grass.Ori was tossing Spirit Stars around, one after another."I've learned this ability called Spirit Hook, combined from the Spirit Edge."Ori said as they continued to throw and retrieve the stars as they came back to them."Very good Ori.That's good.."Aura said, as he voice slowed down.Ori stopped throwing stars and sat down next to her.The spirit was a little bigger than her, and it showed."Aura.. what's wrong?"Ori asked.The spirit took Aura's paws and held them.Aura looked Ori directly in their eyes.The small spirit slowly took her paws back."I just miss my brother..that's all.I really hope you can save him.."Aura said.Ori rubbed her back."I'll try my best.Afterall, I'm quite busy these days..I wanted to come check on my friends here in this world and I guess I've gotten in quite the pickle...so much has happened.."Ori explained.Aura nodded.Suddenly wind went by smoothly.Aura layed her head down on Ori's lap and sighed a long sigh.Ori's stomach growled a few seconds later.Aura turned her head and looked up at the spirit."You're hungry.."Aura said.Ori nodded."Yeah..I can't really remember the last time I've actually eaten.You wouldn't happen to have food in this world would you?"Ori asked as they rubbed their tummy a bit.Aura got up slowly, then stood up to stretch."Luckily for you,I gathered some fruit not too long ago before you arrived.Cmon, let's go back inside."Aura said as she walked back into the house.Ori got up and walked in after her.The spirit followed Aura into another room in the tree.It seemed similar to a kitchen.Aura lead Ori to a tree trunk table and a seat to sit on.As Ori sat down and made themselves comfortable,Aura began gathering many different kinds of fruit.Ori sat and watched, until they flinched for some reason.The spirit began hearing a voice, then they started holding their head.

"Hey Ori.I know you can hear me punk.Just because you have this dumb stare doesn't mean I'll be too scared to confront you.It's your fault that all my plans are going downhill.Even my sister can't seem to get the jump on you.But don't worry, you'll be in deep trouble soon.You'll be making the biggest decision of your life.Family?Or friends?It's all up to you."

Aura was finally done gathering fruit when she looked towards the distressed Ori.She rushed over to the spirit in a flash."Ori!Are you okay?What's wrong?"Aura asked as she began calming the spirit down."I.. heard someone..I think it was Zach.. and he's going to do something bad.."Ori said as they looked toward Aura.The girl sighed."Ori, calm down..don't let him get to you.Just try to relax-"Aura said before Ori grabbed her hands suddenly."Aura, my sister could be in danger.I can't let anything happen to her.. not again."Ori said.Aura blinked quickly a few times."Ori, what are you talking about..?"Aura asked, but it was too late.Ori was already long gone, collapsing on the table.The spirit was back in the Rv now, and they were still in the bedroom.Ori looked around and everything seemed normal, except the upset Zach sitting in the corner.Ori rubbed their eyes a little and looked over at Mokk,who seemed to be in a little bit of pain.The girls seemed fine."Mokk?Are you okay?"Ori asked.The moki got up slowly and looked at Ori."Oh, you're back..and I'm fine.I was just having a little stomach pain is all."Mokk replied."I'm sorry.What's happened lately..?"Ori asked as they made eye contact with Zach.The spirit looked around the room and noticed that the girls were gone.Ori immediately raised their paw into the air and made a Spike appear.

"Calm yourself Ori.Don't let him best you!You aren't weak, find another way around this problem.Remember that this isn't you, you're smart Ori."

Aura was talking to the spirit again.Ori thought the situation through and put the Spike away as soon as Louis entered the room.He rushed over to the spirit quickly and picked them up."Hey Ori,we've been waiting for you to get up.Your pals are outside.We finally reached our destination!We're visiting Violet's brother and grandma.Cmon, I'll take you to see them."Louis said.By time he was finishing his sentence,Mokk had already left to meet up with Mira and Ku.Ori nodded affirming as Louis carried them out of the room.Zack came out a second later and sat back on the couch.The spirit caught him pulling out his phone at the last second.Outside,Louis met up with Sam and Violet.Louis was right, they had reached their destination.The group had arrived at a beautiful secluded log cabin that hosted a giant field that was surrounded by a nearby forest.Ori looked around in great awe, then looked at the cabin again, eventually pointing toward it.Violent came over slowly."Are you wanting to go inside Ori?We can if you want.I wanted they to meet you for a while now..-I take him Lou."Violet said as she took the spirit and walked up to the cabin's entrance and knocked on the door.Around 3 minutes later, a tall man wearing a tinted orange jacket and a satchel.He opened the door and looked up to see Violet than gasped."Violet, my little sister!You actually came all this way to come and visit me and ma?"The man asked.Sam came up to the door as well."Can we come in?I wanna see grandma and introduce you two to my friend."Yeah.Come on in."He said, letting the two girls in.The man lead the three into the living room.It was a beautiful house and the rooms looked great,well at least to Ori. The group sat down on the couch."Now Violet, would you like to introduce me to your friends?"The man asked."Yeah."Violet said happily."Marcus, this is my friend Sam, and this here is my pal Ori.A spirit we met not too long ago.He's very sweet."Violet said.Sam smiled and patted Ori on the head.Marcus smiled."You've got great friends little sis.I'm glad you came all this way to see me as well.Ma is sleeping right now, but I'm sure you can see her in the morning if you decide to stick around."He said as he stood up."Yeah!That'd be nice.I'm sure everyone would like a break anyways-"
Violet's sentence was interrupted by the sound of a gunshot.Ori sprang up immediately and went to the door.Violet, Sam, and Marcus all did the same and the four went outside.Zach and Nathan were fighting over a gun, that supposedly Zach had drawn.Ori ran over to the group.Zach seemed to overpower Nathan, and went for another shot.It went toward Ori, but with a quick dodge the spirit avoided it.However, it his something-someone else.Mira.Mokk gasped behind Ori, and the spirit turned around to face the moki.Mira collapsed to the ground and Mokk ran over to her.Ori did the same."O-Ori..?"Mira said.The young moki blinked slowly."H-hold on sis!Just hold on!"Mokk said as he carried his sister and set her down on a tree stump.Nathan quickly punched Zach in his face, making him drop the gun."Ori.. please.. please tell me she'll be okay!!"Mokk pleaded as tears filled his eyes."She will Mokk..I promise.."Ori said slowly."I have some supplies in my bag..it'll help her.."Mokk said as he held up the bag for Ori.The spirit took it and opened it to get the supplies inside, which consisted of some gauzes and bandages.Within a few minutes the two managed to stop Mira's bleeding.Ori held her chest down and began using Regenerate.Slowly but surely, Mira began feeling more calm.This reassured Mokk, who felt more laid back now."Brave.. you're very brave Mira.."Mokk managed to say under his breath."I've gotta deal with something..be back in a little bit okay?"Ori said.Mokk nodded slowly and the spirit walked off toward Zach and his sister.The spirit manifested the Spirit Smash in front of the two, and Zach shrieked and his behind his sister as Ori got closer and closer."Let go of me you idiot!!Don't drag me down in this mess!"Brie yelled.The small spirit brought down the weapon near them, actually throwing the two off by smashing the dropped gun into pieces.The two jumped and began to run off back into the forest where the group initially came from.Ori took out the Spirit Arc and fired an initial warning shot toward the fleeing duo.The spirit stayed at the ready until Zach and Brie were out of sight.Once they were,Ori felt their head hurting.The spirit fell to the ground and fainted.

Ori... Ori please get up.. I need to talk to you..

Ori slowly got up and felt their head.Aura helped the spirit get up, but the spirit fell over while trying to stand."Ori.. you're not feeling good are you?I think I know why..."
Ori sighed and looked up at Aura."What do you mean..?"The spirit asked.Aura grabbed Ori's face and held it close."It's because your mind isn't your own.You need rest.. I can explain more some other time.Please, for the time being try not to use your abilities as much."Aura pleaded as she slowly let Ori go.The world began to disappear around the two.

Ori awoke on the couch in the living room.It was relatively quite.Mokk and Mira were nearby, on a chair.Ku was naturally on the floor.The spirit took out a Spirit Star and looked at it.It sparked than fizzled away.Ori sighed and felt their head again."I'm too tired for this..."Ori said as they slowly fell asleep properly.