Bothered

Outside at APT Studios

Alden bid his goodbyes and went to the parking lot. He told Mama Ten to go ahead. Maine was fast to catch up with him.

"Chard," Maine called out and Alden stopped his tracks and turned to her. Maine held his hand and squeezed it a little bit.

"Maine, is there something wrong?" He sensed that she wanted to tell him something due to her hand squeeze.

She took a few steps closer to him. "The fans, they're getting clues," she then states.

"Is there something wrong with that? We do plan on telling them anyways, right?" He says, worry evident from his tune, as he caressed her cheek.

Maine went quiet for a while and just savored the feeling of his hand caressing that part of her face. She closed her eyes for a bit.

"Maine, if there is something wrong with it, please do tell me. Ayokong gumawa ng something para maging uncomfortable ka. If you don't want them getting clues I'll step back. Kung 'di ka pa handa na malaman nila, it's okay. But please do tell me. 'Di ba yun yung napag-usapan natin. No secrets, we will tell each other what's bothering us, what's happening."

Maine opened her eyes, looked at his eyes and held the hand on her cheek.

"I mean, okay lang naman sa akin... the fans... them speculating. We will tell them everything soon, Chard. Pero kasi," she was being uneasy. As if not sure if she can tell him.

"Maine, just know that I love you, okay? If you're not ready to tell me it's okay, hihintayin ko kung kailan ka handa to tell me. And I will step back din because I sense your uneasiness," he tries to comfort her. She shrugs a bit and started to talk again.

"I can do it now. Ang nag bobother lang sa akin is, the Dabarkads don't even know about us yet. At least not Kuya JoWaPao... Sana lang masabi muna natin sa kanila, sa mga katrabaho natin sa Bulaga before letting the public know..."

Alden felt relieved that she was able to tell him what was bothering her. And he understands this. Maine has been through a lot. Even their own "fans" bashed her for going out with Arjo. He understands her uneasiness. He's aware that she is thinking about what the fans will say about her, about them.

"Handa ka na ba to tell the Dabarkads about us, Meng?"

"I- ikaw, um, handa ka ba? Okay lang ba sa'yo na-na—"

She was being uneasy again.

"Meng," he cuts her off, "the moment na naging tayo, handa na kong ipaalam doon mismo sa lahat ng tao sa mundo. Pero alam ko gusto mo muna na pamilya lang natin makaalam. I wanted to give you the time to be prepared, gusto ko sa'yo mismo manggaling, kung handa ka na na sabihin sa kanila."

"RJ," she sighed then she moved her body closer to him. He mirrored her movement and neared her. They were staring at each other's eyes and slowly his gaze went to her lips. She followed where his eyes were looking at, and stared at his, too. Their faces were moving closer, as if their lips are magnets drawing them closer. Their lips slightly brushed each other. They smiled with their lips teasing. They were about to close the remaining gap between them when,

"Menggay," Kuya Jose suddenly called out to them. Behind him were Kuya Pao and Kuya Wally.

They suddenly let go of each other. Standing with a little distance from each other.

"Kuya Jose," it was Alden who spoke. Maine was fidgeting, playing with the folds on her dress, not looking up to anyone in the room.

"Kanina pa po kayo dyan?" He continued.