CH 7: Ad Colligenda Bona

I was nervous because I knew what was going to happen; I knew exactly just what kind of dessert he had in mind. And although I had wondered why he did not make any advances in the past week, I realized that I would never be prepared for the time when he'd demand what he was paying for.

"I'll give you a minute..." he said as we stepped inside the lift. "To freshen up."

When we reached the 31st floor, I waited for him to get inside his office before I went to my table, opened my bottom drawer, pulled out my vanity pouch, and then headed straight to the comfort room. I brushed my teeth, washed my face, then patted it dry using paper towels.

I stepped inside his office and he wasn't seated behind his table as I had expected but was actually standing in the middle of the room.

He stretched out a hand towards me and I took it. Slowly, he pulled me towards him before guiding my arms around his waist. "When can you move in?" he asked.

"This Sunday," I replied.

"Move-in today. I will hire people to do the packing for you. Just bring your bare essentials with you. I can always buy you whatever you need."

I opened my mouth to protest but he silenced me with a kiss.

I didn't want to lie to myself by pretending that I did not like what we were doing. In fact, I liked it so much that my arms draped around his neck as I returned his passionate kisses. It was odd how I suddenly realized that I had missed him as if we weren't working together every day.

The kiss deepened and it felt so natural for me to be receiving his sensual attention that I wondered briefly if I had the hots for my boss and was just in denial.

Pero imposible...my mind intoned as his hands fumbled with the buttons of my blouse before said blouse was carelessly discarded.

"Teka..." I started to say pushing him off me before covering my chest with my arms.

"Why?" he asked.

"We're in the office."

"What kind of reaction did you expect when you started kissing me back the way you did?" he asked before loosening his tie.

"Paano kung may pumunta bigla—"

"No one would dare. Besides, the door is locked."

"But, they'd see that I'm not where I should be."

"You think too much."

"Should I not think?"

"You should. Your brain is part of the many reasons why I find you attractive," he said tapping the tip of my nose with his finger. "O, what's with that look?"

"Lakas mong makagulo ng isip."

He quirked a brow. "Bakit?"

"It's like I am talking to two different people. You were cold and bossy these past weeks 'tapos biglang gan'yan ka ngayon."

He laughed softly. "Juris, I still run this business even when I get a boner just by looking at you. I cannot be acting on my impulses all the time."

Well, my point s'ya...pero...

"Pero, kasi..."

Boss mo ako, kailangan nating magtrabaho. Right now, I am not your boss but the man pursuing you."

"So, when are you my boss and when are you not? Unlike you, I can't just turn on a switch and morph into your paramour instead of your secretary."

"Okay, so, I gather that you'd rather we talk?" he asked. "What do you want us to talk about?"