Getting hurt

It's just another hell of a day at school.. at least that's what I thought. Me and Hailey walked by and Jake just had to make fun of us like he always does. It really gets annoying but I'm too weak to even think about defending myself. So I just wait and hope one day he will get tired of it. But he never did. Luke always makes me feel a lot better about it. He has been by best friend ever since I could remember, and I really care about him. All my friends in the music club just think Jake picks on us when we walk by, But he goes a lot further with just me by myself. He would threaten and black mail me often, and I would usually have to make a fool out of myself just to keep my friend's reputations safe.

The main reason why I let myself get blackmailed is because I'm scared of my biggest secret being revealed. And if you are wondering what that secret is... it's that I liked Luke ever since we were kids. You see, when I was little I didn't know it wasn't "normal" to like boys. As soon as I told my friends in elementary school nobody liked me. I felt alone, but I left that school and joined with Luke and Hailey did to. We all had a interest in music so here I am today, in the music room, with a bloody bandaid on my elbow, and a heart that's about to break.

Milly: How is that fair?! Just because Sean and I don't like your boring classical music, Zander! God, your a buzzkill!
Hailey: I already said we can have elements of both!
*door into the music club creeks open*
And there stood Jake. Also known as the douchebag who bullied and torched me for years. And Jake muttered something I thought I'd never hear in my entire life.
"I want to join the music club.. and sing.. alone."
My heart skipped a beat as I realized there would be a possibility that I would have to work with him. We literally hate each-other's guts. He was good at singing so he ended up joining. Which really got my gears turning, Because he is most likely gonna pick on me more. He has no clue on how much I am hurting because of him.

Hailey went off on me for not wanting to work with him, I just wish she knew what he does to me. He said he is sorry. I don't even know weather to believe him or not. After Jake being in the club for a few days I just skipped school. He took up the only thing that actually matters to me that isn't my friends. But they're all distracted with Jake. Of course they are because he's popular and all that cr^p. My friends are concerned about me but I don't reply to their texts or calls. I just drain my tears away to the point my eyes turn red.

I want to just cry in Luke's arms but I can't , he will ask why I haven't been at school. But if I tell a soul the bullying will only get worse. I recently bought a pair of sunglasses what make the cuts and bruises hard to see. I wear them whenever I'm beat up in the morning. I just say I think they look nice but I never take them off. (This next part is inspired my someone else's fan fic. If I find them I'll mention them) *a few months of wearing the glasses, and at the same time Jake and Hailey started dating.* Hailey started seeing how I was not okay.. she watched me just cry into my hands after school. She also was suspicious of the glasses I wore. When she came up to me she snatched the glasses off my face and saw the black eye. "ZANDER.. Who did this to you...?" I froze up.. "ZANDER.. WHO DID THIS TO YOU?!" I responded without even thinking about what I was saying or how it would effect her. "Why do you care?! We are only step-siblings!"
Then I realized how bad I screwed up. Right when I said that Jake walked into the room. "Zander! Why do you have to be such a jerk?!"

I stared him in the eyes with the most anger I've ever had.
"Jerk..? JERK?! MAYBE I WOULD RESPECT YOU MORE IF YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS WERNT THE REASON I HAVE THIS BLACK EYE!"
Jake seemed shocked I blurt that in front of Hailey. I just ran home and locked myself in my room and cried even harder than I usually do. The next morning when I was alone, Jake and his friends came up to me.. and they put me in the most pain I have ever been in. I couldn't even move. My nose was bleeding, my wrist hurt really bad, and I was coughing up blood. The back of my head also felt really swelled. Right after that, Jake said "Boys you can go now. I'll finish him off.."

Right when the other guys left Jake said "Z-Zander.. I'm so sorry.. I can help you."
I could tell he felt really guilty. He helped me up but I slapped him as soon as I was off the ground. I told him to never speak to me again. I went to the bathroom to wash up. When it was music practice I didn't even make eye contact with Jake. Around that time, the side effects of me being beat up started coming back. I started coughing up blood but I coughed it into my elbow and pretended it was okay. When I started playing the piano my wrist felt horrid. I screamed "OW!" Luke asked if I was okay. I told him I was fine. He patted me on the back and that was enough to get me coughing up even more blood. He looked really scared. He asked what happened and why I was doing that. I mumbled but just passed out. I woke up in the nurses office with Luke sitting beside me. He looked so relived. Then he asked me "Zander.. who did this?" I didn't say a word. I just started crying and hugging Luke tighter then I ever have. The nurse came into the room and asked "Zander, sweetie. What happened? Someone had to do this to you. So who did it?"
"I need some time to think.. I need to talk to Luke. Alone.." I said firmly.
The nurse walked out of the room..

Luke.. I don't know how to say this.. but I have been bullied by the same people for about a year now.
"But who..?" He looked really concerned for me.
Well.. Jake and his friends-
"WHAT?!"
Luke please don't hurt Jake.
"Give me one reason why I shouldn't."
He apologized.
"Fine but I'm staying with you for the rest of the day."
I liked the thought of being with him. Just the thought of him in general.
He has no idea how happy he makes me feel. My heart raced for the rest of the day, I don't know if he feels the same but I hope he does.
I walked back home feeling happier than usual. I just spent the rest of the evening thinking about Luke. He couldn't leave my mind. I couldn't sleep for a bit, but asleep. I woke up feeling like I shouldn't go to school, but I wanted to see Luke. So I showed up.
We started getting more and more attached to each other.
He had me even more love sick then I have ever been, he also started getting more nervous around me. I know I should confess to him but I have no clue how.

Nobody really knows, but I get nervous easily and I'm very emotional. I don't show it though..
I just don't want people to take advantage of me I guess..
But I trust Luke. I don't think he would do that to me.
Luke said to sit alone at the back of the school and wait for him. And that's where I would usually get beat up. I sat there and I was scared of getting hurt again. Drew, Liam, and Henry stood above me and gave a mean glare. I was ready for the pain. Drew threw a punch, but all the sudden Luke jumped on top of him. He destroyed drew and the other 2 boys as well. After he grabbed my hand and we left school like nothing happened.
(Ok here's what happened with drew, Liam and Henry after.)
Drew: WHAT?! That stupid music freak completely BEAT US!
Henry: oww... my head..
Liam: wait.. I saw brown haired music freak talk to Jake about going to the Caverns with grape head.
Liam: I have a idea.
Drew: okay what is it?
Liam: do you have anything heavy in your house. .?
Drew: oh.. yes I do. >:)
(Ok back to Zander's P.O.V)
Luke asked me to go exploring caverns with him. I'm really exited it's tomorrow on Saturday. I was so exited that I could barely sleep!
(The next morning)
I yawned and stretched and got ready to see Luke. The thought of Luke just makes me want to get up and see him.
He came and picked me up. and he seemed a bit red once he saw me. I was kinda confused. He just said "it's hot out here!" While he drove to the caverns we noticed a truck following us. We just shrugged it off and figured that they were also going to the caverns. It was nice there after all.
Once we arrived we started exploring, it was really nice. We stopped by a bench with a huge mountain right above it.
It was normal until I heard Luke scream "OW!" Then dead silence.

Word count: 1671